JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you obtain an "enhanced" Washington Driver's License it will serve as a Passport for land crossings into Canada. I know, I had one.

never heard about that.
I recognize you from another forum I'm on,you've moved around quite a bit. If I was home I'd offer to come get you and have you hang at my house for xmas,but I'm not. Hope you're health is better! Why'd you move north?

Mom passed of heart attack. House sold within days. No family left in SoCal. Thought WA would be cool for gun rights and family but its not as expected. Lease runs out Im going to try and head back to the scene of my medical disaster at San Antonio and get the few surgeries ive needed for a couple years.

got a lot of great ideas here. Think im going to do the Canada park. Typically i can get lost with my Nikon but it was stolen so im going to dip into what savings i have, get some chains just in case? and head north. At least i know truck stops are always open to get a bite to eat.

BTW- C5 Crabber? if so be safe up there.

Last Edited:
If you take I-5 North to exit #276 (last USA exit) you will stop at the light and drive directly forward to the Peace Arch Park parking. I believe that it costs $5 to park all day. During the summer there is a multitude of flowing plants and shrubs that are in bloom. If you want a cheap room The Anchor Inn is as cheap as it gets. (See if you can reserve a room in advance). It's a bit of a "flop" but it's a place to get a room and a shower. You also get to watch Vancouver BC television (I think watching it is a bit of a hoot because they have weather forecasts for the Yukon Territories, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut).

Head out at 5 a.m. and you can be in Blaine by 7:00. Spend the day looking for coffee, snacks, gift shops and find the boardwalk early in the day. That's to the west of I-5 off of exit #276. You will likely best enjoy the Peace Arch Park between 12:30 and 4:00 p.m. Take your chains with you, just in case and look up the weather report for the 111 mile stretch of Interstate 5 between Seattle and Blaine.

Remember that the 21.8-mile corridor from Bellingham to Blaine is coastal lowlands and are less likely to have snow than higher elevations.

Enjoy yourself!

Last Edited:
The Washington "Enhanced Driver's License" places a biometric strip on the license that carries information that can be scanned at the International Boundary as you return to the United States. It should expedite re-entry.

You can look on the US Border Cams and see how the weather is at Peace Arch Park. If you perform a quick search, you can find the WSDOT (Washington State Department Of Transportation) cameras covering the Interstate and the Peace Arch. This will offer, at a glance, the conditions at your destination.

Last Edited:
not seeking attention just have no plans. new to the state and first time ever having nobody to be with on Christmas.

I voulenteer with the local community churches but up here a bunch of people requested the day so i gave up my typical spot so im just hanging out and to be honest im bored as hell 99% of the time but trying to figure out what I can do on Christmas to not be bored out of my mind.

Thanks if you understand where im coming from. BTW i don't drink so heading to a bar doesn't sound like the most fun.

Get your butt to a local river & fish for steelhead!!! Best time you can spend alone on a cold winters day. Merry Christmas.;)

Get your butt to a local river & fish for steelhead!!! Best time you can spend alone on a cold winters day. Merry Christmas.;)

Only went fishing a couple times when i was maybe 10? LOL Some trout down in CA. To be honest im sick of being alone. Would much rather be with people.

Merry Christmas Caveman Jim :)

researching on if its realistic to trade my truck in for a 4x4, luckily i have such low miles its saving its value... or sell a couple gems i never thought id sell and buy an older 4x4 SUV or just buy my favorite jeep, a 90's XJ Cherokee 4x4 Straight 6cyl.

Can't afford to get back into payments but hate being limited due to weather or dealing in chains.

Wonder how much of a transplant it would be to convert my truck to a 4x4. looking it up right now.

I just checked the WSDOT Peace Arch Camera (Northbound lanes of Interstate 5). The roads are wet. I don't think there will be snow within the next 48 hours. Expect things to be cold and wet.

Check out Blaine's boardwalk along the bay front.

Will do. Thanks for the tip :)

You're welcome, Joe. Heck, You're only 77.1 miles from downtown Blaine, WA (about an hour and 20 minutes with good traffic). if you leave at 7:00 in the morning, you'll arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. That's more than enough time to arrive, eat breakfast, stroll the boardwalk and spend an hour or four wandering about the bi-national park and take some pictures. The drive back to the house should be a no-stress affair and traffic shouldn't be too bad. (If you don't drive into Canada, you'll avoid the hassle at US Customs). Take your time and "smell the coffee".

Happy holidays, Joe.

researching on if its realistic to trade my truck in for a 4x4, luckily i have such low miles its saving its value... or sell a couple gems i never thought id sell and buy an older 4x4 SUV or just buy my favorite jeep, a 90's XJ Cherokee 4x4 Straight 6cyl.

Can't afford to get back into payments but hate being limited due to weather or dealing in chains.

Wonder how much of a transplant it would be to convert my truck to a 4x4. looking it up right now.
Not feasible......

You are within 2 hours of the Greenwater gravel pit in SE King County off of FS 70. Google it. My brother and I shot there about 7 weeks ago. Rainy but we got his new .45 ACP sighted in.

Brutus Out

It's a good place to shoot if the place isn't all trashed out. I helped on a Wagun cleanup there earlier this year, was fun and the daughter and FSIL had a blast!!!

Meanwhile, just ten miles South of Yoojeen.............quote from an e-mail last night - '9 days without Electricity and phone service. Just got power last night at 9p.m. Been out since December 14th!!!!!!'

Be grateful for what you have, folks.

Like my old da used to say - 'Aoibh gháire! D'fhéadfadh sé a fháil níos measa! Mar sin, aoibh mé, agus cinnte go leor, fuair sé níos measa.'

In English, for those whose Irish is a little rusty - 'Cheer up! It could get worse! So I cheered up, and sure enough, it got worse.'

Take care this Christmas, eh?

tac, mrs tac, ig, ken the GFT and the crows

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews