JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't feel too badly. I don't celebrate the "faux" holiday. I just sleep. There's nothing exciting to do. It will be a Sunday morning.

You can always make the 2-hour drive to Blaine, WA and hang out at the Peace Arch Park. It may be a bit foggy or rainy. If you walk over to Canada you can enjoy Boundary Bay and some of the beaches on either side of the International Boundary. On the US side, there's a nice boardwalk.

Don't feel too badly. I don't celebrate the "faux" holiday. I just sleep. There's nothing exciting to do. It will be a Sunday morning.

You can always make the 2-hour drive to Blaine, WA and hang out at the Peace Arch Park. It may be a bit foggy or rainy. If you walk over to Canada you can enjoy Boundary Bay and some of the beaches on either side of the International Boundary. On the US side, there's a nice boardwalk.

Im assuming you need a passport? If so i don't have one currently. mine's expired. I would like to get into Canada one day just to check it out but i'll get there eventually.

Ok things aren't that bad! Load up and take a drive. If you head west on Hwy 2 you will go over Stevens pass. you can stop and watch people ski or go skiing yourself. If you keep driving you will hit Leavenworth which is a great little European town and they have great festivities and restaurants. If you really want some fun there are place to stay over night there and you can rent a snowmobile and go out with a big group of people and explore the local Mtns.

Truly there is a ton of stuff to do in Marysville. I hope you find some joy and peace. Merry Christmas my friend.

Im assuming you need a passport? If so i don't have one currently. mine's expired. I would like to get into Canada one day just to check it out but i'll get there eventually.

At the Peace Arch Park, you don't need a passport. you can walk back and forth across the International Boundary without being questioned. There's parking on the US side and it's an inexpensive "day trip". While you're there, you can walk through the Peace Arch between the lanes of northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 5 and Canada Highway 99. (They change at the Peace Arch itself, and it's part of the park). If you go plan on having lunch at one of the little restaurants and/or Coffee Shops in Blaine. While they are, indeed, tourist traps, their wares are always good.

At the Peace Arch Park, you don't need a passport. you can walk back and forth across the International Boundary without being questioned. (There's parking on the US side and it's an inexpensive "day trip". While you're there, you can walk between the lanes of northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 5 and Canada Highway 99. (They change at the Peace Arch itself). If you go plan on having lunch at one of the little restaurants and/or Coffee Shops in Blaine. While they are, indeed, tourist traps, their wares are always good.

That sounds like a cool little place though. Tourist trap or not I have never been to the Northern Border yet in my life. Thank you for the info on the passport clarification. I need to renew it though now i live near a border I would actually consider crossing LOL.

That sounds like a cool little place though. Tourist trap or not I have never been to the Northern Border yet in my life. Thank you for the info on the passport clarification. I need to renew it though now i live near a border I would actually consider crossing LOL.

If you obtain an "enhanced" Washington Driver's License it will serve as a Passport for land crossings into Canada. I know, I had one.

I'mna go to the nearest dog park with a bag of peanuts to feed the squirrels and make believe the little buggers are Toreadors in Tia Juana and the dogs trying to take them out are bulls.
ole'!

I asked my neighbor for you and she said,"What's to worry? Light the menorah every night, then make sure you go to Temple, maybe play a little mahjong, have a nosh, could be you meet a nice girl, from a good family...Would it kill you to get out?.. Couldn't hurt."

Last Edited:
I asked my neighbor for you and she said,"What's to worry? Light the menorah every night, then make sure you go to Temple, maybe play a little mahjong, have a nosh, could be you meet a nice girl, from a good family...Would it kill you to get out?.. Couldn't hurt."
That read nice with a bit of a Yiddish accent

not seeking attention just have no plans. new to the state and first time ever having nobody to be with on Christmas.

I voulenteer with the local community churches but up here a bunch of people requested the day so i gave up my typical spot so im just hanging out and to be honest im bored as hell 99% of the time but trying to figure out what I can do on Christmas to not be bored out of my mind.

Thanks if you understand where im coming from. BTW i don't drink so heading to a bar doesn't sound like the most fun.
Go see a movie.

I'm thinking like @SKrueger says. "Road Trip!" I always want to just "HEAD East/West/North//South!" Pick a back road and a back water town. Enjoy the drive, stop and look at stuff. Get a motel/hotel with a pool/jaccuzzi, and a restaurant withing walking distance. Then next day take off early heading in a loop to get back home. Stop for breakfast. Take three days, if you can afford it?

There is so much to see right under our noses within 100-200 miles, there's no need to fly clear across the country to look at things that everyone else goes to look at.

I recognize you from another forum I'm on,you've moved around quite a bit. If I was home I'd offer to come get you and have you hang at my house for xmas,but I'm not. Hope you're health is better! Why'd you move north?

I recognize you from another forum I'm on,you've moved around quite a bit. If I was home I'd offer to come get you and have you hang at my house for xmas,but I'm not. Hope you're health is better! Why'd you move north?
I don't know this guy joe,but I do know he went through some hard times,health,girlfriend,parents. Seems like a nice guy,just a bummer he's alone for the holidays. If I wasn't up in the Bering sea fishing right now I'm sure my wife and daughters wouldn't mind if I brought him down. Besides he likes corvettes and guns so he's good in my book.

Joe, FWIW Ive spent a few of them alone for one reason or another.. usually work. It is do-able tho it may seem "pitiful" from a certain point of view. Try to keep an upscale mental attitude- ya don't want to go down those dark trails, whatever they may be for you..
Visiting old folks can be a good way to help yourself and someone else you may not even realise. Best Wishes, and remember the Reason, as they say. Light shining into a darkened world!:)

I like the ideas above about veterans. It's so much easier (for me) to give to people doing thankless jobs, and those who sacrificed for all of us.

Gotta say I was super proud of my soldier son on Thanksgiving. Luckily back from deployment right now, he made a couple heaping dinner plates and took them to the gate on his base to drop off for the guards checking IDs (advising them not to enjoy the airline bottles of Fireball until they got off watch).

But this isn't to crow about him. Point is, be creative and let somebody who's working, suffering or lonely know they're not forgotten.

Hell, maybe melt a few special snowflakes and thank a cop!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews