JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering what are the most popular traditions and family meals for Christmas Eve here on NW Firearms Forum. We have the kids and grand kids over Christmas Eve to open presents at our house. We traditionally have chili and pizza with home made breads, cookies, and sweets.

I make my famous chili. A couple of secret ingredients are Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with chilis and a can of V-8.

What about everyone else?

Sadly have to work so no heavy meal. In the morning LONG tradition is I make SOS on bisquits. Kids have LONG enjoyed teasing their Mom about what SOS means as she swears it does not stand for what we all know it stands for. Looking forward to getting home to make it. Wife's parents are in the ground now and this is her first Christmas with out both of them so she is a little down about that.

Christmas Eve….
~ holoptchi (cabbage rolls) cooked in tomato-lemon sauce, ham, cola seared parsnips.
- Christmas Day…
~ kraut perogies, stuffed Cornish hen, roasted mixed veg

You DO NOT want to startle the old folks after dinner! :eek:

87CB5BAF-A95F-459F-BCC3-0F218BAD39D5.jpeg
:p

Christmas Eve….
~ holoptchi (cabbage rolls) cooked in tomato-lemon sauce, ham, cola seared parsnips.
- Christmas Day…
~ kraut perogies, stuffed Cornish hen, roasted mixed veg

You DO NOT want to startle the old folks after dinner! :eek:
Now THIS ^^^ sounds like what I'd like for Christmas Eve dinner! Not for Christmas, but Dad used to make his mothers recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage with ground beef and rice, with tomatoes a sauerkraut.

Family tradition of old was nothing really. Both parents worked full time and mom was always working late. The big meal was Christmas breakfast. The special part was TWO kinds of meat, link sausage AND bacon, with fried potatoes and eggs. I've since adopted a recipe for "Knodel" for Christmas, made with ground pork and lamb, rice and fine chopped onions made into balls, smothered with sauerkraut and baked 'til well done. Mashed spuds on the side.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews