JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
not seeking attention just have no plans. new to the state and first time ever having nobody to be with on Christmas.

I voulenteer with the local community churches but up here a bunch of people requested the day so i gave up my typical spot so im just hanging out and to be honest im bored as hell 99% of the time but trying to figure out what I can do on Christmas to not be bored out of my mind.

Thanks if you understand where im coming from. BTW i don't drink so heading to a bar doesn't sound like the most fun.

Go shooting
Go skiing/snowboarding
Clean guns
Organize/clean your house
Reload?

If you don't have any hobbies, spend the day researching one that might interest you.

I seem to remember you moved here recently from California but don't remember if you said anything about family.

But if you're stuck in the house with nothing to do...
- get a jump on New Year resolutions. Figure out what you need to do, make a list and put it on your bathroom mirror.
- write a letter to relatives with highlights of this past year. Include a recent picture.
- if you haven't got a library card, visit the nearest public library and get one. My local library is happy to take suggestions for purchases of new books and movies.
- make a list of your favorite foods. Buy the ingredients and cook one meal a day. Make extra, so you can freeze some for those times when you don't have time to cook a meal.
- if there are any retirement homes near your place, call them up and ask if you can drop by to talk with a veteran who doesn't have many visitors. Take cookies.
Bob

Id happily go shooting but don't know an open range and don't know of any BLM locations that are available. don't ski or snowboard,house (apartment) is clean and so are all my firearms. Would love to reload but financially out of reach since after moving.

have tons of interest but nothing i have relates to up here from the southwest like going to the dunes or being with fam since there are none left and too far to drive and can't get a flight i can afford to SATX or N. LA.

Thanks though. Figured there is something up here near a big state like Seattle.

You could watch Home Alone. :) Or bet there will be some action here. Thanks for your help at the church. Mabey a good book or ya clean some guns. Stay positive and have fun. Go buy yourself a new gun but don't touch it until Christmas.

Bake yourself to exhaustion on the days leading up to Christmas.
Then spend Christmas day dropping off your hard work to people that HAVE TO work on Christmas; firefighters, police, hospitals, etc.... nothing makes an cop or 911 operator feel better than a mouthful of shortbread cookie when he drew the short straw and has to work on Christmas.
OR
eat all the baked goods yourself, collapse into a "cookie stupor" and wake up and make plans for New Year's :eek:

Also call the shelters, many serve Christmas dinner and would love the help. I know when I took the family several years back they still talk about it. Now we do the "Big Give" in Bonney Lake WA and it now feeds almost 1,000 people for Thanksgiving.

When you give of yourself, you get so much back in return...

Then spend Christmas day dropping off your hard work to people that HAVE TO work on Christmas; firefighters, police, hospitals, etc.... nothing makes an cop or 911 operator feel better than a mouthful of shortbread cookie when he drew the short straw and has to work on Christmas.
OR
eat all the baked goods yourself, collapse into a "cookie stupor" and wake up and make plans for New Year's :eek:

If i could cook I would. never baked a day in my life LOL. First holiday season ive ever been alone alone with no parents either and so new to the area not sure whats really around yet.

Also call the shelters, many serve Christmas dinner and would love the help. I know when I took the family several years back they still talk about it. Now we do the "Big Give" in Bonney Lake WA and it now feeds almost 1,000 people for Thanksgiving.

When you give of yourself, you get so much back in return...

Congratulations. That is incredibly cool of you guys! Huge thumbs up.

not seeking attention just have no plans. new to the state and first time ever having nobody to be with on Christmas.

I voulenteer with the local community churches but up here a bunch of people requested the day so i gave up my typical spot so im just hanging out and to be honest im bored as hell 99% of the time but trying to figure out what I can do on Christmas to not be bored out of my mind.

Thanks if you understand where im coming from. BTW i don't drink so heading to a bar doesn't sound like the most fun.

Spent many holidays in my early twenties alone. Would go to Jack in the Box for a $15 feast and head out to the woods. Sometimes I'd make my own holiday meal and just stay home preparing gear (seam sealing tent, etc.). While I know what it's like to spend the holidays alone, oddly enough this year I'd rather avoid the gathering of family and head for the hills for a camping expedition.

OR

Many of those professions get paid triple time for working holidays. While it sucks to be gone from home, at least they are making good money for that time away. At least the union ones...

You could come to our house and talk about guns. We're in beaverton.

You could come to our house and talk about guns. We're in beaverton.

He is 3 hours north of Vancouver...

Go buy a new game system and a few games if you can and spend a few days vegging out on video games.

Do some basic research or ask this group what games are good - you'll be thru the holidays before you even realize it;).

He is 3 hours north of Vancouver...

Go buy a new game system and a few games if you can and spend a few days vegging out on video games.

Do some basic research or ask this group what games are good - you'll be thru the holidays before you even realize it;).

Its worth the drive to be in good company. Im used to driving distances to go to college football games, offroading, racing. Class A driver with a typical route of Central California to North Texas.

The weather is new to me though. Not used to driving in snow so thats been an adjustment. Wish i had a 4x4 still for the "just in case" situations. Heck i used to drive the 5hrs from North LA to Vegas about ever month or two. Only time I have spent in Oregon was for an Oregon Ducks football game that we flew into or when i moved here a few months ago and just stopped at fuel stations. It was pretty though.

Id happily go shooting but don't know an open range and don't know of any BLM locations that are available. don't ski or snowboard,house (apartment) is clean and so are all my firearms. Would love to reload but financially out of reach since after moving.

have tons of interest but nothing i have relates to up here from the southwest like going to the dunes or being with fam since there are none left and too far to drive and can't get a flight i can afford to SATX or N. LA.

Thanks though. Figured there is something up here near a big state like Seattle.
Hey Joe I sent you a private message awhile back with info on a good spot on public land to go shooting that is pretty close to Everett- about a 1hr drive away if that.
Just drive east on highway 2 and then go north on sultan basin rd (in sultan) until you've passed all the designated no shooting areas, stop when you find a likely place and have at it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top