JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for 5-10 acres for home. Need reasonable vehicle access to wilderness areas for hunting, (I'm used to walking in from the gate about 5 miles) no more than 100 mile radius to major airport and major medical treatment facilities. I "want" to be able to get on an airplane and fly to the east coast without a commuter hop, hop is not a deal killer. I "want" access to more than an urgent care facility but it would do in a pinch.

I know there are sites like zillow and redfin but I want to ask like minded people in this forum for recommendations first. Feel free to PM me or start a private conversation.

~Whitney

Maybe the McCall area, north of Boise - and using the Boise airport? Check medical facilities - not sure what's there. Edit: Hospital in McCall:
St. Luke's McCall Medical Center

Or northern Idaho using the Spokane airport?

There is an airport in Ketchum (Sun Valley) that you could hop to Boise. Edit: Oops - airport is in Hailey, just south of Ketchum/Sun Valley.
Medical Center in Ketchum:
St. Luke's Wood River Medical Center

EDIT TO ADD: Salmon, Idaho and fly out of Butte or Missoula, MT. Check driving distances. Lots of wilderness.
Salmon Hospital: Home | Steele Memorial Medical Center

Should be good wilderness close to all of those. Can be winter driving conditions in all of those places in winter.

Edit: When you say "wilderness" do you mean Congressionally designated wilderness or typical National Forest land, etc? May need to drive a little from McCall to get to designated wilderness, but there appears to be lots of National Forest land.

EDIT: Use Google Earth if you find something online to look for nearby nuisances like stock yards, moto-cross tracks, bombing ranges :eek:, big questionable dams just above your property :eek:, etc. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads