JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first thing you never do OR I wont do is have my back to the door, don't care if its a coffee shop or at the movies.

IF.. you are carrying like its some kinda hobby then leave it the F-at home you do no one any favors putting your firearm at risk.

A, Leo buddy of mine was killed had his back to some dudes came in walked by casual pushed his face into the table the other grabbed his gun and shot him and left him for dead.then robbed the people there. ( there is more to it but that how he was killed.)

I know you guys don't know me from Jack, but that day not only was he killed, but others were robbed, for the love of GOD if you are going to O/C never ever, ever leave your F-N back to the door or anywhere. I only CC 99.9% and even then I will ask for another seat until I get the one I want. Paranoid.... nope lost a friend and he wasn't paranoid either.:(

And why I don't think it should be required by law, I personally think until you understand situational awareness don't get your C/C or O/C the rest of us don't want others to be victim of your inability.
I'm not as pissed at the two Joker's, as much as I am the dude that put everyone at risk not knowing what to do and putting himself in a very very bad position he could have easily avoided.

Don't sit with your back to the door period.

Source = Reddit

Yep, likely fake.

Moral of the story.

Don't carry for the fun of it.

Get some training if you're not comfortable.

This guy was open carrying green.

Should always be yellow.

The monument those guys approached I'd be orange and out of my chair, likely out of the store.

Don't go red until you are forced into a corner. If you have the upper hand and can leave, leave.

.This guy was open carrying green.
Should always be yellow.
The monument those guys approached I'd be orange and out of my chair, likely out of the store.
Don't go red until you are forced into a corner. If you have the upper hand and can leave, leave.
In a rainbow world, you are a breath of fresh air.

The character development in the story was quite remarkable.
Not real sure, just scanned, but I'm sure the waitress had blonde flowing hair and had a penchant for buggery iirc..

"Very well, where should I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. A sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. If I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fifteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shaven scrotum. At the age of eighteen, I went off to evil medical school. From there.."

lulz

The guys doesn't seem believable. That said if you're going to OC wear at least a double threat holster or have the defensive acumen to thwart off an attacker getting your gun. I suspect it's why LEO's use triple threat holsters, at least we did when I was active.

not commenting on the plausibility of the story, at least in *my* little clutch of friends, exactly ZERO of the 'bookstore frequenter types' would be caught open carry in ANY circumstance....

K. I don't OC... I think it's a bad idea. But I'm ok with it for others under most circumstances (retention holsters). In my little berg of 12,600 population, we are rustic enough not to be shocked or intimidated by the display of firearms...mostly... we do have a bunch of college weirdos.

I've never heard of this "sovereign" organization. It sounds like Antifa tactics to me. WTF?

Anyway, even tho it's pretty peaceful here, I don't sit with my back to door or people. Not paranoid but shlit happens. Nobody ever thinks they're going to be attacked eh?

I've never heard of this "sovereign" organization.
just as a point of reference, they are present scattered about (especially Idaho); there's ample yootoobes where various incredibly stooooopid confrontations with LEOs about a variety of things would have had them in a psychiatric ward for observation in an earlier age.

It was a good, single paged fictional vignette. Had alarm bells going off in my head at multiple places.
As far as the protagonist, he was a 'tard³, and the story was his whine.
Examples of his 'tardiness:
  • Indecision about carry : does not consider real life scenarios
  • Choice on seating : mouth breather
  • Not reacting to being 'scoped out' : oxygen scavenger at this point
  • Answering questions : his sat levels must be critically low
  • Being flanked : a danger to everyone in the room - does he have a pulse?
Didn't read the reddit comments, though appreciate the comments here.
Reminds me of real life scenarios I have witnessed where vigilantes will walk a distance and accost people for smoking out in the open air, because it's not a 'designated smoking area' and they smell the smoke. Really? It's a free country -- go elsewhere or FO&D.

There's a new flag in town...

59B06C82-1FA1-4CB7-8CF0-39924BD5887D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top