JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure, lots of goofy replies on there, but some interesting perspectives as well, particularly those who have "converted" from being anti-gun to pro-gun. For example:
I got assaulted by a dude. Filed restraining order. Dude violates restraining order. Cops and DA do nothing.

He violates again. Nothing happens. Violates again, while I have my kid with me, nothing happens.

I call the AG of the state, to see if I can get something happening. (eventually I did)

Then, the weirdest thing happens..

I'm a supporter of background checks etc. Sensible gun reforms etc. At least... I was.

I'm filling out paperwork for a 9mm so I can protect myself should be get any ideas again and I catch myself wondering what the hell I'm doing?

This guy - he doesn't care about laws. He doesn't care about the police. He doesn't care about restraining orders. He sure as hell doesn't care about paperwork.

So here I am jumping through hoops to protect myself from a guy who doesn't care about hoops. If he could get a gun to hurt me, he would. Regardless of legality.

Gun laws are irrelevant when there are 450M guns in the US.

I started talking to people who own guns. I realize exactly how arrogant I was to assume my opinion on firearms was relevant when I didn't own guns, and I didn't know how the basics of violence works.

Criminals care about power. Not laws.

It lost me a little scrolling thru the comments, but theres some good points in there. The best one was that the police dont have the legal requirement to save you.
Anyone who supports gun rights should be able to articulate why in a logical manner. Its the fence sitters that will vote one way or another on laws like 114, they need answers with sustenance.

It lost me a little scrolling thru the comments, but theres some good points in there. The best one was that the police dont have the legal requirement to save you.
My favorite part of that is that the actual horror show cases that led to the court cases are linked with more detail than you tend to get.

I couldn't read much of that, either. A lot and I mean a LOT of keyboard warrior chest thumping with a few cogent thoughts sprinkled in for taste.

Own a gun or don't, just don't make that choice for me as Andy always says

I couldn't read much of that, either. A lot and I mean a LOT of keyboard warrior chest thumping with a few cogent thoughts sprinkled in for taste.
Im not a Reddit person myself but one thing Ive found out is that scattered thru all the various social media (NWFA included) there are valid things pointed out that arent in the news media. This may not seem profound to many but what it tells me is what really everyone in the country is seeing. Not certain how else to describe that...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top