JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just my point of view, if you decide to open carry your advertising and it's just a matter of time before an insident such as this will unfold. The individual should ONLY carry concealed if he's not comfortable with confrontation, that's the primary reason for concealed, so no one knows it's there...

I carry concealed, but I support any law abiding citizen carrying. That said, I'm so sick of these brainwashed morons claiming "sovereignty". You're in this country, your a US citizen and law DOES apply to you. These dummies like to mess with LEO as well. :rolleyes:

That could've gone bad in more than one way. Glad it turned out with no one being shot.

Disparity of force comes to mind while reading this man's story. One assailant behind him, one in front, and the stated intention of taking (stealing) his firearm made that a very dangerous moment. If he had reacted differently, one or both of the thugs might have been justifiably shot. I wonder what an LEO's take on this would be? Any active/retired guys here?

This story also makes me think it's a good idea to c/c a stout little BUG if you're going to be open carrying. If someone did manage to take your primary weapon, you'd likely be in a fight for your life.

The first thing you never do OR I wont do is have my back to the door, don't care if its a coffee shop or at the movies.

IF.. you are carrying like its some kinda hobby then leave it the F-at home you do no one any favors putting your firearm at risk.

A, Leo buddy of mine was killed had his back to some dudes came in walked by casual pushed his face into the table the other grabbed his gun and shot him and left him for dead.then robbed the people there. ( there is more to it but that how he was killed.)

I know you guys don't know me from Jack, but that day not only was he killed, but others were robbed, for the love of GOD if you are going to O/C never ever, ever leave your F-N back to the door or anywhere. I only CC 99.9% and even then I will ask for another seat until I get the one I want. Paranoid.... nope lost a friend and he wasn't paranoid either.:(

And why I don't think it should be required by law, I personally think until you understand situational awareness don't get your C/C or O/C the rest of us don't want others to be victim of your inability.
I'm not as pissed at the two Joker's, as much as I am the dude that put everyone at risk not knowing what to do and putting himself in a very very bad position he could have easily avoided.

That guy effed the pooch.

1)don't like confrontation; don't carry. Period.

2)he let two random crackheads get his six. While he sat. Really?

3)homey don't play those games bud. You're going to disarm me? Fat bubbleguming chance.

I call balogna.

As I have thought about this, this evening, I am in the skeptic camp. Seems odd. Plus "throwaway" as a user id?

If situational awareness gets your dander up, act. Move, leave, verify. Having someone that close behind you where they could grab your weapon is not good.

Last Edited:
Just my point of view, if you decide to open carry your advertising and it's just a matter of time before an insident such as this will unfold. The individual should ONLY carry concealed if he's not comfortable with confrontation, that's the primary reason for concealed, so no one knows it's there...

The incident was complicated, but I more or less agree - especially in a city environment. Why go looking for trouble? This guy found it and was not prepared for it.

I can see carrying openly if you are going from a hunting camp into a small town to get fuel or groceries/etc. - often those small bergs are used to the occasional hunter coming in for supplies - but carrying openly just because you "want to try it out"? Well he did and this is what happened, and he wasn't prepared for the confrontation.

A suggestion if you have any reason to anticipate confrontations of any sort - find a way to record your environment and actions on video or at least audio. Other citizens and LEOs have been exonerated by video taken by somebody on the scene - whether encountering bad guys or bad LEOs or whatever. It avoids the he said/she said debates because it has been recorded. Also, if someone wishing a confrontation is aware they are being recorded, then they at least think twice about starting or continuing a confrontation. It may make the difference between the police saying "there is nothing we can do" and an arrest of the aggressor. OTOH, it may make the difference between you being arrested and not.

Whether or not the story is hyperbole bravado, the individual writing it failed in attending to their situational awareness in their particular situation.

Do not care if you are CC/OC, if you lose control of your immediate environment, you are immediately in harm's way. Close quarter use of deadly force can go wrong in so many ways, especially in a public venue.

To some, there is no pulling it off, if practice is legal, then there is nothing to pull off. Sorry OR is so backward the voting citizens have not pushed for complete exemption throughout the state.

But think back and remember the tension you felt the first you CC/OC, searching everyone's eyes around you to see if they can see your sidearm, pulling down the shirt, jacket, etc. to assure it hasn't ridden up, or isn't printing, or or. Sorry everyone has had a 'first' time and sometimes it goes w/o incident and sometimes there is an unexpected glitch. When glitches occur we decide what when wrong and how to handle the glitch(s) if they occur again.

If, like ID, there is no mandatory firearm familiarization prior to donning a sidearm, CC/OC, where are you going to glean situational awareness, or how to deal with these glitches. This forum's membership is, for the most part, seasoned CC/OC carriers and would have handled this individual's expressed situation differently, or maybe not?

I personally and thankfully this story, real or perceived, ended peacefully.

The first thing you never do OR I wont do is have my back to the door, don't care if its a coffee shop or at the movies.

IF.. you are carrying like its some kinda hobby then leave it the F-at home you do no one any favors putting your firearm at risk.

A, Leo buddy of mine was killed had his back to some dudes came in walked by casual pushed his face into the table the other grabbed his gun and shot him and left him for dead.then robbed the people there. ( there is more to it but that how he was killed.)

I know you guys don't know me from Jack, but that day not only was he killed, but others were robbed, for the love of GOD if you are going to O/C never ever, ever leave your F-N back to the door or anywhere. I only CC 99.9% and even then I will ask for another seat until I get the one I want. Paranoid.... nope lost a friend and he wasn't paranoid either.:(

And why I don't think it should be required by law, I personally think until you understand situational awareness don't get your C/C or O/C the rest of us don't want others to be victim of your inability.
I'm not as pissed at the two Joker's, as much as I am the dude that put everyone at risk not knowing what to do and putting himself in a very very bad position he could have easily avoided.

Never have your back to the door anywhere whether you are armed or not. Always sit where you can watch the entire room or as much as possible and always have more than one exit available.

Whether or not the story is hyperbole bravado, the individual writing it failed in attending to their situational awareness in their particular situation.

Do not care if you are CC/OC, if you lose control of your immediate environment, you are immediately in harm's way. Close quarter use of deadly force can go wrong in so many ways, especially in a public venue.

To some, there is no pulling it off, if practice is legal, then there is nothing to pull off. Sorry OR is so backward the voting citizens have not pushed for complete exemption throughout the state.

But think back and remember the tension you felt the first you CC/OC, searching everyone's eyes around you to see if they can see your sidearm, pulling down the shirt, jacket, etc. to assure it hasn't ridden up, or isn't printing, or or. Sorry everyone has had a 'first' time and sometimes it goes w/o incident and sometimes there is an unexpected glitch. When glitches occur we decide what when wrong and how to handle the glitch(s) if they occur again.

If, like ID, there is no mandatory firearm familiarization prior to donning a sidearm, CC/OC, where are you going to glean situational awareness, or how to deal with these glitches. This forum's membership is, for the most part, seasoned CC/OC carriers and would have handled this individual's expressed situation differently, or maybe not?

I personally and thankfully this story, real or perceived, ended peacefully.

That is a good point. Whether true or fabricated there are some really good posts both here and on the reddit thread.

"Well, listen I'm going to make this simple we're the ones who aren't comfortable with you displaying yourself in this, you're passively breaching the peace and I'm going to disarm you for that reason alone."

ffs, sounds like a letter to Penthouse Forum

IMHO The only thing worse than OC is wearing one of those, "I Carry" T-Shirts.:mad:

The main reason for CC is to give you some sort of an advantage and not become
a primary target, if, or when, the SHTF.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top