JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I recently had Thomas at i5 guns and ammo ship a rifle for me but have not heard anything back from him. Nobody picks up and he does not respond to text. And yet the buyer has not received the rifle.
How long since you turned the gun over to them for shipment?

Did they give you a tracking number for the package? My FFL would usually email me a tracking number next day after he got it going. But he sometimes gave me the tracking number right when I left the gun if he knocked it out right away.

Unfortunately, sometimes bad things happen at the time a business closes up. Gun shops, hot rod shops, etc. Years ago, I left a revolver at a local gun shop for sale on consignment. I hadn't heard from the shop for about a month, so I decided to swing by after work one night. There was a sign on the door, "out of business." The building was dark, but I looked inside and saw the owner. I rapped on the door for several minutes and he finally came over. I asked him for my gun. He went away for a while, and came back with a check. I was lucky. First, because I just happened to catch this guy at his closed business at a time when he'd returned to get something out of the building. Second, because his check turned out to be good. There is no doubt in my mind that he had no plans to call me, tell me the gun sold, and tender payment.

Decades ago, I sold a parts car to an automobile restoration shop. The owner wrote me a rubber check, which I had to go out to his business in another county to collect on. When I got there, the owner and his father were in the process of vacating the premises. I told him I wanted reimbursement for his bad check. He said he didn't have it but he would go get it. Whereupon he got in his old T-Bird and disappeared. I thought, "Oh swell, this guy has scammed out on me." After about 45 minutes he came back, and had partial payment in cash. I said, "This isn't enough money." He said he couldn't raise any more, but he could write me another check for the balance, this time on a different account. By that time, I really didn't have much choice but to take it, so I did. Luckily, that check was good. But it was all a hassle of confrontation and wasted time. At some point, I asked him, "Why did you buy that car from me if you knew there was no money in your account??" He said, "I had some unexpected problems." Yeah. Old Chinese problem, Loh Wan Doh.

These things happen in business. Especially small business. If it involves money owed you from a sale, there aren't many protections you can put in place. BUT: If you are buying something (and it goes into a waiting period), use a credit card so you have some recourse through the bank by lodging a dispute. In non-face to face transactions (I'm thinking of Gunbroker), never be tempted to "save" 3% credit card fee. Always use a CC with long distance transactions. Consider the 3% extra insurance against getting screwed.

I had a couple pistols shipped to them a month or so ago, went in to do the paperwork and they'd emptied mist stuff out of the shop. Said they were moving to lakewood or parkland something. Then they called me to pick up they drove down to the store after it was closed to meet me. Said at that time that they hadn't gotten reopened because they were having issues with the new building.

@Flopsweat thank you for the tip on the ATF, the local office supervisor is on notice of the situation. Should be speaking with him tomorrow. In the process I found his home address, and am taking tomorrow off to track him down between it or the storefront. He also has not filed the paperwork for a move but has renewed under old address. I'm not one to roll over, I'll find him.

If anybody needs information because they have issues with DOXING DELETED BY MODERATOR* too please message me privately.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flopsweat thank you for the tip on the ATF, the local office supervisor is on notice of the situation. Should be speaking with him tomorrow. In the process I found his home address, and am taking tomorrow off to track him down between it or the storefront. He also has not filed the paperwork for a move but has renewed under old address. I'm not one to roll over, I'll find him.

If anybody needs information because they have issues with *DOXING DELETED BY MODERATOR* too please message me privately.
Glad to be of help. Mostly I post flippant remarks and poop jokes.

Go get 'im. :s0155:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA