JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i haven't taken them out in a while, but now that they are out and i was taking pictures, there is no way i'm selling them. i am selling the one scope still in the box, but it is an inexpensive scope anyway...

i'm going to need these for protection and food when all the grocery stores runs dry...!!!

:s0114:

<broken link removed>

my two kimber handguns are awesome, too! WHAT WAS I THINKING... shiza, if i run out of money, i'm getting a second job.

That Browning is a beauty. Every deer I've gotten except my first was taken with a 1978 Japan-made BLR in .308 and open sites. Reminds me that I still need to find a scope to go with it - trying to find a Leupold of roughly the same vintage in 2-7x.

Glad you came to your senses!

yeah... out of sight, out of mind... i had the 7mm mag with the large leupold that is on one of the other rifles... for a new set, it's really nice, too! it kicks like a mule...!!! i was thinking of having it ported, but i didn't.

that's my dad's rifle. he gave it to me as he can't hunt anymore... it has gold accents on it, too.

i personally try to avoid "blue" rifles because they get dirty so easily... they just don't make rifles like that unless you're willing to pay! he shoots left handed, so the lever action worked well for him.

--c

yeah... out of sight, out of mind... i had the 7mm mag with the large leupold that is on one of the other rifles... for a new set, it's really nice, too! it kicks like a mule...!!! i was thinking of having it ported, but i didn't.

that's my dad's rifle. he gave it to me as he can't hunt anymore... it has gold accents on it, too.

i personally try to avoid "blue" rifles because they get dirty so easily... they just don't make rifles like that unless you're willing to pay! he shoots left handed, so the lever action worked well for him.

--c

Replace the butt pad on that SPS stock (I have a 7mm Rem Mag ADL that is basically the exact same stock) with a good quality one and you'll reduce that kick tremendously. I just picked up a 7mm Mag CDL Stainless this spring, and the butt pad on it is incredible compared to the hard rubber on my ADL. So much nicer, in fact, that I was able to put a full box through in one outing without feeling it the whole next week.

Personally, I like both the stainless and the blued...depends on the gun I guess. I will say my preference is for a quality wood stock (even laminate) over synthetics - purely for aesthetics. Of course the high quality synthetics have some clear advantages, especially if you are looking at long range, etc. But most of the "off the shelf" synthetic stocks just feel like cheap tupperware to me.

My dad's a lefty - part of how I ended up with the BLR (he had three in .308, plus now another in .325 WSM). When he first started hunting in the early 70s he had a hard time finding a lefty bolt action, but was able to "adapt" easily to the lever. Of course now, he's got a fair number of lefty guns that will do my brother and I little good when he's gone (hoping that doesn't happen for LONG time)!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top