JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking for a retailer that will sell me 22 LR performance ammo

I'd like to try:
a)Lapua Midas
b)Eley Tenex
c)Lapua Xact

Who stocks the above ammo?
Im shooting CCI 'Stinger'.
But, want to tighten-up my 100 yard groups.

Try and get your hands on some wolf match 22lr. It's super accurate in my 10-22. I shot 10 rounds into 1 hole that you could cover with a dime, at 40 yards. It's made in germany by lapua. My store down here has it for 4.80 a box of 50. Worth every penny.

I have not tried the $$$ match grade 22lr yet, but I tried a box of(50) CCI Blazer 40gr lead RN about 4yrs ago and they shot .5-.625" groups at 50 yds in a scoped TOZ 78-01 . So I bought 2K rnds for $40 of the same lot #, I wish I bought more.
I'd like to try some match ammo in the TOZ just for fun, and see what this rifle is capable of.

I'm shooting Remington '22 yellow Jacket HP's' hollow points.
Bullet weight: 33 grams
Velocity: 1500 fps

I just bought a box of 50, 'Federal Premium, Match' 22LR solid.
Bullet weight: 40 grain solid
Velocity:1080 fps

Going to try and shoot it this week. Weather permiting.

My Dad rolled over in his grave. $10.98 for 50 rounds.
I remember when 50 cost .50 cents...
But, we where not shooting at 50-100 yards.

"My Dad rolled over in his grave. $10.98 for 50 rounds."

My Dad rarely shoots his 22s anymore because he can't see paying 3.2 pennies a pop. I guess he lost it when a .22lr exceeded .02 cents. now he only shoots his .177 cal air rifles and pistols.
I feel the same way about .22 mag. the ammo makers are going to price that cartridge into extinction.

I've shot the federal match load. It shoots awsome, but like you, I paid 11.00 per 50 rounds. I found that the wolf match shoots identically to the federal but costs less than half, of a box of federal. Even 5.00 is hard to swallow for 50 rounds but if you want match ammo that won't kill your wallet, give it a try.

Wolf Match Target Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 50 - MidwayUSA you can find it cheaper than midway though.

Thanks for the help!
I hear/read of shooters hitting targets at 200+ yards.
How do they do that? At 100 the round seems to be just about out of steam?

I was at Wally-World tonite. I found some 'Winchester Super 'X' 22 LR ammo
1650 fps (fastest so far)
26 grain 'tin' hollow point bullet
$7.80 for a box of 50

These are lighter in weight. They should go farther, I hope.

I'm going to grab a rim thickness gauge and "make"my own match grade ammo. I can't remember where I was surfing when I read this. Anyway separate into piles of similer rim thickness and weight, its not 100% but its real close. Eliminates the "fliers". Best part is doing it with bulk junk, cheap cheap match grade, just a few minutes of your time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top