JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,
I have a question.
Is there a specific forum board that is tailored for long range precision or competition long range?
It seems most or all are taking place in South/South East Oregon. I have spoken to a few folks briefly and they mentioned a location that has competition in Bend.
Any direction helps and thank you in advanced!

A little outside of Ben is COSSA. Electronic targets 1000 yard range.
DRRC has a 1000 yard range. Competitions are open to the public.

A little outside of Ben is COSSA. Electronic targets 1000 yard range.
DRRC has a 1000 yard range. Competitions are open to the public.
Wow, I just looked over their website and they stated they host over 2000 public days per year! Not sure how that's possible but impressive as I can only once in a while squeeze 366 days in a year.

If you are looking for a specific forum tailored to long range, I would recommend SnipersHide or AccurateShooter. Both are excellent resources, just depends on what type of competition long range you are into. Snipershide is more PRS/NRL focused, while accurateshooter is more F-class/Benchrest.

Outside of the ranges already mentioned, Tri County Gun Club has a 600 yd match weekly that is open to non-members as well.

usrifleteams.com

On the page that opens there are links for 2 forums

The first, the National Match Forum, focuses on Highpower shooting (200-300-600) yards

The second, the Long Range forum, focuses on 1,000 yard shooting and Palma (800-900-1,000 yards)

Hope this helps

Glenn

We have a long distance rifle range in Silver Lake. Main range is 50-1300 yards. all targets light up when hit. 50+ targets. Check out our webpage. Sageratsafaris.com

Izaak Walton in Eugene is "mini PRS", due to range limits of 285 yds. That means smaller steel, but the usual awkward positional shooting off tank traps, wobbly barrels, VTAC barricades, simulated roof tops, etc. Occasionally there is one stage with "perfect-world prone". Steve also rotates the rifle format to include .22 LR, LPVO, AR only (SPR-type), gas guns, and an occasional subsonic-only.

The shorter range means several things:

You won't get the challenge of long range ballistic and wind voodoo.

.223 rifles, even accurate .300 BLK rifles, work fine.

Those make for less expense.

Fewer PRS attendees, so matches are quicker and a better ratio of shoot : wait-around.

It's closer to the actual distance that most riflemen shoot for real, and the targets are usually small. So it's "realistic", maybe.

DOPE and rifle knowledge and a functional, modern reticle scope remain crucial.

PRS style Game-guns remain easier to shoot in this PRS game. But field rifles do well and win also. A good SPR or DMR rifle is definitely good enough to be a contender.

Humility pays visits to all, so far.

Last Edited:
Izaak Walton in Eugene is "mini PRS", due to range limits of 285 yds. That means smaller steel, but the usual awkward positional shooting off tank traps, wobbly barrels, VTAC barricades, simulated roof tops, etc. Occasionally there is one stage with "perfect-world prone". Steve also rotates the rifle format to include .22 LR, LPVO, AR only (SPR-type), gas guns, and an occasional subsonic-only.

The shorter range means several things:

You won't get the challenge of long range ballistic and wind voodoo.

.223 rifles, even accurate .300 BLK rifles, work fine.

Those make for less expense.

Fewer PRS attendees, so matches are quicker and a better ratio of shoot : wait-around.

It's closer to the actual distance that most riflemen shoot for real, and the targets are usually small. So it's "realistic", maybe.

DOPE and rifle knowledge and a functional, modern reticle scope remain crucial.

PRS style Game-guns remain easier to shoot in this PRS game. But field rifles do well and win also. A good SPR or DMR rifle is definitely good enough to be a contender.

Humility pays visits to all, so far.
I echo everything Ben has said. I've attended a few of Steve's matches and it's a blast. Also an amazing opportunity to become a better marksman and hunter. It is a very welcoming environment to new shooters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top