JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting I will have to look closer at that. so if I glanced at that correctly it takes any AR and turns it into a side charger by using your existing charging handle.
They must have changed the design because mine came with the handle and it is very different from an original handle which would not even come close to working. Mine is a few years old though.

AR's are like women.... Some guys are happy with just one. Some guys need 20 and its still not enough. Some guys need to keep changing them, Others have had the same one for 40 years and wouldn't think of trading it off on another. Some guys are ok with the cheapest one that does the job, Others need the fanciest one they can find (even though they never use it much or take it out of the house) In the end the only thing that matters is it makes you happy, Even if its some weird, ugly one.

Interesting I will have to look closer at that. so if I glanced at that correctly it takes any AR and turns it into a side charger by using your existing charging handle.

I got one of these, Its not awful but I wouldn't buy another. It adds bulk and is not as nifty as a actual side charger (which I have a couple of those as well)

Got my upper and BCG in on Friday. What would you guys recomend for barel's and gas blocks?
Depends on want you want to do with it.

These are all questions :
Blaster/Home Defense
Precision rig
National Match rig
Patrol rig
A-frame FSB
Free float
Carbine gas
Mid gas
Rifle gas
.223 Wylde
Other chamber ?

My first one was a 16" Midgasser
.223 Wylde chamber
A-frame FSB
CTR
MOE handguard

The barrel came from Rock River
16" stainless mid gas FSB

It runs and it "looks correct"
(unlike a 16" carbine gasser)

Good luck

If you ever plan on running a suppressor on it occasionally I would go with an adjustable gas block. I would do it anyways to tune the rifle to the parts you select I guess. I would suggest a forward blow adj. gas block for the best results.

I am definetly going to run a can on it some day so that is good advice.

I am definetly going to run a can on it some day so that is good advice.
I need an adjustable running a can on my 5.56 to adjust for blowback but on my 7.62 I don't. I am using a flatware buffer spring in that and may see if it does the same for the 5.56 this spring. I do have a captured buffer in a different 5.56 and I may see if that keeps my having to change the gas flow from can to no-can on the 5.56 .

That's the aforementioned 16" carbine gasser.

Here's the thing with that....they look odd with a 7" handguard and all that barrel sticking out.
Nothing was ever issued like that.
Barrelmakers and manufacturers like them for two reasons :
1) They will run almost any ammo because of the increased "dwell time".
2) They solve the NFA rule being 16" +

So a little history :
The original M16 design was a 20" barrel with "rifle gas".
Take a look at one.
There is a set dimension fro the muzzle to the FSB (I think it's 6-7")
That's the proper amount of "barrel sticking out" past the FSB.
You could hang a bayonet on a rig that rig.
Not that we need to hang bayonets, but that dimension is held with a 16" mid gasser.
That is why a 16" mid-gasser "looks correct". A lot of AR people are not concerned with this
and some have never thought about it.

And to be sure a 16" midgasser was never issued but it has better proportions than the 16" carbine gasser.

carbine-vs-midlength_orig.png

And hey, there are probably more 16" carbine gassers in the civilian AR World than any other combination. With a long free floating handguard, it won't matter.
But when you see that 16" mid gasser at the range, you might think, "Hmm, that looks good."
And now you know why....it's in proportion.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top