JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i say i would go for my WIN 30-30 lever action. and i have several nice guns including 44 mag and 45 auto handguns. really nice 30-06 but i think if all i had was one i would got with 30-30

Suppressed .44 Mag Rifle. Has some knock down to it (Ok, it's loaded to .44 special but it's still 240gr +). Can carry enough ammo if needed, anything else I need, I could get later.

At first I wasn't sure that I'd be able to answer this question...

Then after asking myself what my primary reason for owning firearms is, the answer was quite clear. I own guns primarily for defensive purposes and for the vast majority of scenarios I am likely to encounter a Glock model 19 will serve me well. If the gubmint is feeling generous, I'd greatly appreciate also being allowed a suppressor and a .22 conversion kit for practice and recreational shooting purposes. :)

Fn-Fal, .308, with a Leupold 2-7 scope, anything from 10yds to 1000yds, could be dealt with. For survival, you could bring with 140rd battle packs. You could eat a lot of dear. Wouldn't be useful for small game. Fal is heavy butt dependable.

Would be a shotgun for me due to the diversity of loads available. Slugs for big game, buckshot for unfriendly's, and 6 or 7 shot for small game. The great universal gun. Of course I wouldn't be making any long distance shots, was never any good at that anyway.

I like to think of myself as a practical person, so I would go with a Mossburg 590. Lots of ammo choices, and very versatile. Plus you could put a bayonet on it if you ran out of ammo.

Neat question.

I think my answer would be an AR pistol/SBR with a 10.5" barrel. Able to conceal if necessary. Kill game within 100yrds pretty easily, accurate, 30 rd mags, great for HD.

Good for carry, hunting, HD. Not the best at any three, but seems to be capable of all three.

All you saying pump shotgun, remember how short a pistol grip gun is with an 18.5 barrel! It is still concealable in the worst of circumstances!

Lets hope it never comes to this.

If I had to have just one. It would be either a 1911 or a Glock 22.

For almost the same reasons (G22 for this list)
1. Solid pistol caliber
2. Large capacity
3. Caliber change; I have .22, .40 and 9mm
4. With Mec-Tec upper you get a pistol carbine
5. .22 conversion availability
6. Can use multible uppers G22/G35/G34/G17
7. I have lots of mags.
8. I can have it on my person at ALL TIMES, that is hard to do with a rifle.
9. Easy to get parts/fix.
10. Reliable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews