JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted to say thank you for the suggestion. I looked into it and I ended up getting a 16" white oak .223 wylde barrel. Now if only they would ship the damn thing.... I also looked into the poly barrel. I was really on the fence on which to get until someone told me you can only use copper coated bullets through it. That was kinda a bummer...
"copper coated"?.. like copper washed sintered iron? what?

I wanted to say thank you for the suggestion. I looked into it and I ended up getting a 16" white oak .223 wylde barrel. Now if only they would ship the damn thing.... I also looked into the poly barrel. I was really on the fence on which to get until someone told me you can only use copper coated bullets through it. That was kinda a bummer...

I think there might be some confusion so let me possibly shed some light here... You can only shoot jacketed ammo, so no hard casted lead ammo. Or at least that's just recommended. That being said, I doubt you'll be shooting that kind of ammo so its a moot point.

Why would you want to ****up a perfectly good Colt?

Get a BCM M4 Upper Receiver Assembly then do as you will.

For a matched upper/lower get a BCM Complete Lower for $316

The money you save can go toward the tools you'll need.

I put a BCM HBAR 14.5 middie with M4 front sight and pinned birdcage, on my home assembled AR ($450 at a gun show). Paid for part by part during the panic so it's a frankenrifle but the important parts were good: Aero Precision lower, ALG Advanced Combat Trigger, BCM Gunfighter charging handle and some MAGPUL OD bling. and a couple of back orders came through as well so I got a couple of spare parts....

If you want a Colt get one, for me, I liked the fact my lower and I were both born in Tacoma and during the panic no affordable factory rifles were available.

Brutus Out

I think there might be some confusion so let me possibly shed some light here... You can only shoot jacketed ammo, so no hard casted lead ammo. Or at least that's just recommended. That being said, I doubt you'll be shooting that kind of ammo so its a moot point.
That's the one, sorry for the confusion. Thanks Bobo. Something about lead coating the inside of the barrel and since there was less groove it would double the gas pressure after one shot. I kinda doubt I'll be shooting that kind as well but I have this little nagging voice in the back of my mind that keeps saying "what if..."

I put a BCM HBAR 14.5 middie with M4 front sight and pinned birdcage, on my home assembled AR ($450 at a gun show). Paid for part by part during the panic so it's a frankenrifle but the important parts were good: Aero Precision lower, ALG Advanced Combat Trigger, BCM Gunfighter charging handle and some MAGPUL OD bling. and a couple of back orders came through as well so I got a couple of spare parts....

If you want a Colt get one, for me, I liked the fact my lower and I were both born in Tacoma and during the panic no affordable factory rifles were available.

Brutus Out
That's what I think my next one is going to be, a BCM, thanks to Titsonritz's suggestion. As someone said I like the fact that these are kinda like playing with an erector set.:D

On a side note I finally got to see what the 300 blackout looks like. I'm really going to have to build one of those someday.

That's the one, sorry for the confusion. Thanks Bobo. Something about lead coating the inside of the barrel and since there was less groove it would double the gas pressure after one shot. I kinda doubt I'll be shooting that kind as well but I have this little nagging voice in the back of my mind that keeps saying "what if..."

Unless you intend to make your own cast lead boolits (well, bullets) to use in reloading, I wouldn't think of it much.

Unless you intend to make your own cast lead boolits (well, bullets) to use in reloading, I wouldn't think of it much.
Nah, I'll think I'll pass on casting my own bullets, though I did see a nifty smelter at the gun show this weekend.;) I did almost get a poly barrel from black hole weaponry at the show though. They had a clearance sale on a bunch of barrels and I found one in a 16" but I didn't like the design grooves cut into the front half of the barrel. Kinda a pity, I could have saved around $100 on it.:(

I bought a Colt 6920 back in 2013. I paid under a grand. Two years later the only thing left factory was the upper with bolt catch & mag release, lower & stock, and barrel. I have invested in that one AR (including quality optics) over 3K. Throughout the whole ordeal I asked myself (several times) if building from scratch may have been a better option. Either way, I'm very happy with the end result

I bought a Colt 6920 back in 2013. I paid under a grand. Two years later the only thing left factory was the upper with bolt catch & mag release, lower & stock, and barrel. I have invested in that one AR (including quality optics) over 3K. Throughout the whole ordeal I asked myself (several times) if building from scratch may have been a better option. Either way, I'm very happy with the end result
I wonder about that myself actually.

I wonder about that myself actually.
Knowing what I've done and seen, and if you're not in a hurry, best is to build
Do your research. Make a list. Price out what you want it to be. A good mid-range factory rifle will cost 2k or better. Then the optics. IMO, the AR types are like a sand trap before you know it

Then right in mid-stream, something "new" hits the scene. ABOUT FACE!! Set your limits. Don't get sucked into what everybody else has. Stay focused on the plan. Yeah, RIGHT...lol.

Knowing what I've done and seen, and if you're not in a hurry, best is to build
Do your research. Make a list. Price out what you want it to be. A good mid-range factory rifle will cost 2k or better. Then the optics. IMO, the AR types are like a sand trap before you know it

Then right in mid-stream, something "new" hits the scene. ABOUT FACE!! Set your limits. Don't get sucked into what everybody else has. Stay focused on the plan. Yeah, RIGHT...lol.
I hear ya man. My second one (yes I said second) is going to go differently. That one is much more of a "budget" build. I'm getting pointed in the right direction for a lot of it so it should go well and I have a few months to gather parts.

I bought another Colt complete upper for a steal shortly after I bought my first 6920. That slowed down my (now finished) build quite a bit along the way. Then shortly after, I found a deal on a new Aimpoint Comp M4. Another set-back..lol. Something I couldn't pass up. I'd planned on buying one anyway, tho not when I did. About 7 months ago I found a deal on a complete Colt M4 lower. Had to get that. Another set-back. As it plays out, I got sucked in. MANY TIMES. Likely more!!

No argument there. It's kinda like get one thing, then another, and another... That's kinda how the second one is going to get built, find deals and specials along the way. Even the colt is kinda like yours. Find one thing that was a good deal, couldn't pass it up...

If i am going to buy a budget AR clone why would I buy a Colt , I buy Colt for the Standards that US mil sets for their rifles and that the Civilian Colt AR15 and M4 rifles came off same production lines that that the US military rifles come off of minus the fun parts.

If it does not say "AR-15" or "M4 CARBINE" on the side then its just a clone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top