JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I say IWB. And spend some $ and get a nice leather or kydex one molded specifically to your gun. It is also very important to get a good stiff thick belt designed for supporting the weight of a gun. I recommend either galco leather or something like the ares ranger web belt. It will probably cost you around $60-80 for the holster and another $40-80 for the belt. Avoid uncle mike's, avoid fobus. Galco makes great leather holsters, raven concealment makes great polymer ones, and Comp-Tac makes some really nice combination holsters (leather shield, polymer holster).

OWB might be a bit more comfortable, but harder to conceal because the barrel may stick out under a shirt depending on the size of your gun and clothing. If you wear baggy shirts, OWB might work pretty good. Also, if you don't particularly care if it stays 100% concealed 100% of the time.

Shoulder rigs suck. I tried one for awhile (a good one too, not some cheapo uncle mike's). It is very hard to conceal (only works with a jacket on) and very uncomfortable (bangs against your side if you run or walk quickly even with tie-downs, feels very heavy, like dead weight). Draw is a little faster if you are sitting in a car or something, but otherwise much slower than typical belt holsters.

A good belt/holster combo should make the weight of a full size handgun very manageable. IWB holsters make even the largest guns concealable. I am a skinny dude and carry a full size CZ-75 frequently.

I make my own, leather and Kydex. Has the EXACT retention I like, rides where I like and has a lead time of about 2 hours.:s0155:

DSC01481.jpg

+1 for the crossbreed. I got some cow hides that im thinking about trying to use to make one similar to the CBH. Looks do-able especially from cyclesarge's Pic

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top