JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I say IWB. And spend some $ and get a nice leather or kydex one molded specifically to your gun. It is also very important to get a good stiff thick belt designed for supporting the weight of a gun. I recommend either galco leather or something like the ares ranger web belt. It will probably cost you around $60-80 for the holster and another $40-80 for the belt. Avoid uncle mike's, avoid fobus. Galco makes great leather holsters, raven concealment makes great polymer ones, and Comp-Tac makes some really nice combination holsters (leather shield, polymer holster).

OWB might be a bit more comfortable, but harder to conceal because the barrel may stick out under a shirt depending on the size of your gun and clothing. If you wear baggy shirts, OWB might work pretty good. Also, if you don't particularly care if it stays 100% concealed 100% of the time.

Shoulder rigs suck. I tried one for awhile (a good one too, not some cheapo uncle mike's). It is very hard to conceal (only works with a jacket on) and very uncomfortable (bangs against your side if you run or walk quickly even with tie-downs, feels very heavy, like dead weight). Draw is a little faster if you are sitting in a car or something, but otherwise much slower than typical belt holsters.

A good belt/holster combo should make the weight of a full size handgun very manageable. IWB holsters make even the largest guns concealable. I am a skinny dude and carry a full size CZ-75 frequently.

I make my own, leather and Kydex. Has the EXACT retention I like, rides where I like and has a lead time of about 2 hours.:s0155:

DSC01481.jpg

+1 for the crossbreed. I got some cow hides that im thinking about trying to use to make one similar to the CBH. Looks do-able especially from cyclesarge's Pic

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top