JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We were cleaning out the attic this weekend, found this in a tackle box of my great grandfathers. The only markings are on the blade, "PAT PEND." just behind the blood grooves on the blade. It seems like it was made in the 70's because it is a purpleish red color, sorry for the horrible pictures I cant find the digi, just phone cam. It's very sturdy when open, I'm surprised.

Any knowledge shared would be greatly appreciated :s0155:

110913_001.jpg

110913_005.jpg

110913_002.jpg

It appears to be a handmade blade. The heat treatment was rudimentary at least the photo looks that way.
It looks like a general purpose/gutting knife for fishing. It is not a true balisong, as those are phillipino fighting knives.

I had a similar knife that I bought at GI Joe's in the mid 1980's. It was a cheap fishing knife. I'm not sure how anyone can tell by looking at a knife how it was heat treated.... as well it most likely is not hand made but rather a inexpensive sporting knife probably made over seas.

Looks very similar to the Hackman folding puokko knives. They were reputed to be CIA issue knives during Vietnam but so was every other knife from that era. You can still get the Hackmans pretty cheap though today. To my eyes that looks like an earlier version of their current design. What is the handle material on yours?

Thank you guys. I'm pretty sure the handle is aluminum. I don't think its heat treated, as more just glare and rust you see on the picture. I was told it's been up there for about 40 years!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top