JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK came to optics to ask this and that darn JoeLink asks it in his thread:mad:
:D
Anyway. I bought a Simmons 22mag scope for the rifle. They have been good scopes in the past,but this one seems to have lost focus,lol, literally.
Now I have a Beyers barrel on it and it is very accurate. I do have a problem with spending much on a 22 though. (Yeah,the barrel was 300 bucks). I figure the 22 semi auto has t any recoil so I shouldn't need a expencive barrel,right?
Well seems the truck and atv rides are a little too much for some optics.
Vortex is in the running,luppies being out of my budget right now.
What are some of the scopes y'all put on your hot rod 22s?o_O

Leupold VX-2 Ultralight 2-7x28mm Rifle Scope... my main concern was weight

10-22 volquartson-rifle.jpg

My savage MK-II wears a Leupold 113864 VX-1 2-7 x 32mm. About $219.00. The things are warrantied forever so buy once cry once. :cool:

MK-II.jpg

Probably should take some more pics of this rifle. My job is mostly photography though so it's hard to work on a day off. :(

Sooo I was just informed that I need to put a rim fire scope on my 2lr because the parallax of a center fire scope is set at about 150 yards and my shots will be all over. A rim fire scope,the parallax is set for 60 yards:cool:
Sometimes I wonder where people come up with stuff

I just looked at the Vortex crossfire 3-9x50 for $170 at Murdoch's. Nice clear glass,not too long but not compact
Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 3-9x50 V-Plex (http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/crossfire-II-3-9x50-with-v-plex-moa-reticle)

I have had good luck in the past with Nikon, but yea, the centerfire settings can cause problems. Another is Sightron, good quality glass with out the heafty price! UTG also do pretty good!

OK came to optics to ask this and that darn JoeLink asks it in his thread:mad:
:D
Anyway. I bought a Simmons 22mag scope for the rifle. They have been good scopes in the past,but this one seems to have lost focus,lol, literally.
Now I have a Beyers barrel on it and it is very accurate. I do have a problem with spending much on a 22 though. (Yeah,the barrel was 300 bucks). I figure the 22 semi auto has t any recoil so I shouldn't need a expencive barrel,right?
Well seems the truck and atv rides are a little too much for some optics.
Vortex is in the running,luppies being out of my budget right now.
What are some of the scopes y'all put on your hot rod 22s?o_O

I bought a really old simmons scope from a garage sale for $5 it was fuzzy so I sent it to them and they sent me a new scope. I have always been really happy with simmons scopes for my .22s even one of my ar15s and a Cetme .308 they have performed quite I well I have one with 4000rds of 5.45x39 and have never had to rezero it and I bought that scope used form someone who used it on a 30.06

I even had one that had a hard fall it got bent . I stuck it in a vice and bent it back back it still had a pretty deep dent. ( I don't if i higher quality scope with have held up better on such a fall) but it still held zero . I did not feel right asking if they would fix it as it was user error so I took it off and gave it to the kids to play with just because it was pretty ugly and I got tired of looking at it.

I have 2 Nikon 2-7X32 scopes I bought through Natchez shooters supply, they were refurbished and $110 each, very happy w/ them.
I also have a Burris 3-9X32 compact scope that has been on a Mini-14 and then a 308 for over 30 years , no problem

Sooo I was just informed that I need to put a rim fire scope on my 2lr because the parallax of a center fire scope is set at about 150 yards and my shots will be all over. A rim fire scope,the parallax is set for 60 yards:cool:
Sometimes I wonder where people come up with stuff
I thought centerfire scopes with fixed parallax were fixed at 100 and rimfire at 50. :confused: Still, some truth there in the shots will be all over, its just made irrelevant with consistency.

Tbh, all the scopes I would have recommended for a .22 were already recommended here. :oops:

I thought centerfire scopes with fixed parallax were fixed at 100 and rimfire at 50. :confused: Still, some truth there in the shots will be all over, its just made irrelevant with consistency.

Tbh, all the scopes I would have recommended for a .22 were already recommended here. :oops:
I think the guys at that shop know about as much as I do but try to make out like experts
Yeah yeah I know y'all thought I was an expert,but.....:eek::confused:
He comes up with some statements that make you scratch your head.

Taco world class 3-9x40
On my Marlin60SS

Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40
On my Marlin XT-22TSR

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top