JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I may have a sale pending of a rather large personal asset. Most of it is earmarked for an investment fund to help fuel my old age/retirement. However I am thinking of making one stupid purchase, probably a gun. I'm just not a big fan of the 1911 or guns that are mainly interesting because they are a collectible/commerative edition. Also I prefer handguns over rifle/shotguns. Right now, I'm thinking a Chiappa Rhino. If you were in my shoes, what would you buy?

It all depends on your intended purpose for the weapon. Is it for concealed carry, home defense, plinking, hunting, etc.?

No, I'm not asking you to suggest a gun for me, I'm asking what gun YOU would buy.

Pretend you're at a gun shop that has every single gun available and someone is writing a blank check to buy you a gun, whatever gun you want. What handgun do you walk out with?

That's a hard one, because I'd probably go for a rifle rather than a pistol - something like a Ruger Precision.

But if it had to be a pistol and I just had some money to throw around, I might consider a Dessert Eagle in .44 mag - just for fun. It's a gun I likely would never buy otherwise, but I'd still love to have one. Second choice would probably be a Coonan in .357, also a gun I would likely not buy unless I had some fun money to toss around.

What I wouldn't buy is a 4" Chiappa Rhino...because I already have three. I carry one of them every day.

We know, we've ALLLLLLLLLLL seen your videos. :p

Pretend you're looking to breed Gary. Who would you bring home as his bride? And what kind of offspring would you expect? Cross him with another semi-auto for a super-semi or with a revolver hoping to get a Dardick magazine fed revolver?

Your response confuses me and I wonder what it has to do with picking a dream gun. However on the theory this might be leading some where,,,

10 extra extra wide.
Nice big double stacker. Maybe a 45. Never take me too serious, I'm always "trying" to be funny.:p

This is on my short list. I would prefer a 4 or 5", but S&W only makes them with a 3" barrel:

Mvc-010f.jpg

The Performance Center version of this (.460 Mag 5") is way down on my list, not because I wouldn't like having it, but just because it isn't a high priority:

wm_7143296.jpg

When I buy a gun it going to be a "Shooter". No safe queen guns for me! Do a little research on "Tangoglio" "EAA Witness" Some of their higher end guns are an awful lot of gun for the money. I have an Elite Limited, but if I were to blow it out again I'd get the "Hunter".

Fully transferable Select fire MP5k pdw is what I've been eyeballing. 45k plus 200......I would probably shoot it a couple times on rare and special occasions but more for investment purposes

I agree with something full auto, like @jbett98 mentioned! Also consider a couple Colt Python's..
They can still be found at a reasonable amount. Same goes for any Colt SAA first gen's and second gen's. Older S&W's are also a good pistol to invest in.

Anything newer with MIM parts (metal injection molding), just would not interest me.
A Chiappa Rhino, while an interesting pistol, it wouldn't be on my list.

I agree with something full auto, like @jbett98 mentioned! Also consider a couple Colt Python's..
They can still be found at a reasonable amount. Same goes for any Colt SAA first gen's and second gen's. Older S&W's are also a good pistol to invest in.

Anything newer with MIM parts (metal injection molding), just would not interest me.
A Chiappa Rhino, while an interesting pistol, it wouldn't be on my list.

How could I forget about the Python??!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads