JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, something belt fed would be great. Like a PKM or even an RPD. Ultimate holy grail would be a DP28, because it was in all the war movies I watched as a kid growing up in the Soviet Union.

images.jpg

I may have a sale pending of a rather large personal asset. Most of it is earmarked for an investment fund to help fuel my old age/retirement. However I am thinking of making one stupid purchase, probably a gun. I'm just not a big fan of the 1911 or guns that are mainly interesting because they are a collectible/commerative edition. Also I prefer handguns over rifle/shotguns. Right now, I'm thinking a Chiappa Rhino. If you were in my shoes, what would you buy?

something with a tripod

I may have a sale pending of a rather large personal asset. Most of it is earmarked for an investment fund to help fuel my old age/retirement. However I am thinking of making one stupid purchase, probably a gun. I'm just not a big fan of the 1911 or guns that are mainly interesting because they are a collectible/commerative edition. Also I prefer handguns over rifle/shotguns. Right now, I'm thinking a Chiappa Rhino. If you were in my shoes, what would you buy?
I like the Rhino, but if you are new to handguns be very careful with the Rhino as it will burn you easily (people can put their hand or fingers near the gap between the cylinder and barrel) since it fires off the bottom cylinder. As for other guns I like the LCR for a revolver, the Beretta 3032 for a pocket / ankle carry, the SCCY CPX-2 for a holster concealed carry and many others for open carry. This is a small list and many great guns have been left off. The best carry gun is the one you like and will carry.

If it could be ANY gun, long or short, I'd closely look over current offerings chambered for the BMG .50 round. Not current on them, so not sure whether bolt, gas, other.... but I'd certainly explore select fire and such. An original vintage Browning BMG Fifty would just "break my heart". Of course, any such purchase "package" would certainly include "portability aids", optics, and at least ten thousand rounds, at least half of which would be "hunting loads".

If I were restricted to handguns, I'm in pretty good shape already, but one I've wanted for a while is a Ruger Super Red Hawk in .44 Mag. Barrel maybe seven inch max.

If it were further restricted to a carry handgun I'd not hesitate a second. I'd look as long as it would take to fing a clean Belgian made Browning High Power, maybe even wait it out for one of the Hard Nickel Chrome finish models. Yes, those are rare and collectible but that's not the driving factor. They are one of my favourite guns to fire, and are very comfortable to carry.

Maybe a mint S&W Model 27 with a 4" barrel. They only made them for a short time in that barrel length, and I love the look and feel of the classic N frame with the 4" barrel. A Python (6" barrel royal blue, please, to replace the one I foolishly traded off 30 years ago) is always a good option. Another timeless classic is the 2 1\2" S&W Model 66.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top