JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Outstanding! I remember reading the Gardner James Bond book where he first got the ASP. I've wanted one ever since, except I forgot about them.

I already have guns. I'll just add the entire amount I would have blown on a gun to that old age/retirement fund, instead.

The question to ask yourself, is, 'Would I sell this large asset to buy this gun?" The answer is of course, 'Hell, No!"

I already have guns. I'll just add the entire amount I would have blown on a gun to that old age/retirement fund, instead.

The question to ask yourself, is, 'Would I sell this large asset to buy this gun?" The answer is of course, 'Hell, No!"

Have you no soul in you? No capacity to dream? I bet you sat there stoically and unmoving in the theatre while the rest of the kids clapped their little hearts out to keep Tinkerbell alive.
You're a monster!

That little ASP nine is a neat piece of history. I certainly wouldn't turn one down. Actually, I'd like to try that "Guttersnipe" sight.

If I was not a 1911 fan, and even if I am, a class C engraved S&W might be my barbecue gun. Actually, restrained engraving and minimal gold inlay looks classy on a great blue job, better than full coverage that looks too busy.

A Freedom Arms Model 83, or one of John Linebaugh's reworked Rugers, in .475 Linebaugh.

I had a FA Model 97 in .45 Colt, it was exquisite. Grip a bit too small for my hands though, and fixed sights are a mistake in these guns.

I don't know why I want one of these, but ever since I read the history behind it's development it's on my wish list.

Here's one up on Gunbroker with a similar idea.

Smith & Wesson 39-2 DEVEL Modified 9mm Semi Auto - Modified by DEVEL to be the premier carry pistols of their day, and incorporated features that were revolutionary in the 70's. This was intended to be a "State of the art" design in powerful and compact pistols. Clear Lexan inserts in the polished linen Micarta grips allow you to keep track of your rounds with the provided skeletonized magazine. The hammer is bobbed for a non-snagging draw. Satin Nickel finish. 3-3/8" barrel. Devel logo showing clearly on both sides of the grips.

pix297682514.jpg

Here is a teaser photo of my purchase. I was still on track with the Rhino, when this bad boy crossed my path. Stoeger American Eagle 9mm Stainless Steel Luger. More photos when I get a chance.

lugertease.jpg

I thought it was the .357 cartridge he found too loud, not the gun length.

Well, he changed both. He changed the cartridge to 40 S&W, and he also increased the barrel length to 4 inches. Shorter barreled guns in any caliber have louder muzzle blasts

Try shooting an AR-15 with a 24 inch barrel, and then one with a 16 inch barrel, and you will see quite a dramatic difference in muzzle blast. Or try shooting the same shotgun shell out of a 28 inch barrel, and then out of a 20 inch barrel. The report will be significantly louder. Plus the shorter barrel is also a bit closer to your ear.

Here is Remington's Golden Saber self-defense 125 gr HP .357 Magnum load being fired out of a 3 inch Ruger SP-101 revolver. Keep in mind that this revolver's barrel is a full inch LONGER than what the 2 inch snubby Rhino has.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads