JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So a naked woman went past and you thought, "Wow, those were hairy armpits." I think I would have been distracted enough that I didn't notice the "window dressing".

I take it you haven't seen the participants in that event yet.

Have you?

There were plenty of pretty young people there. Portland may have it's share of problems, but there is no shortage of attractive young people. I'd rather attend a naked bike ride in Portland than say, Coos Bay, or Medford.

As an aside: the whole point of the event is accepting people's bodies for what they are, rather than it being some kind of sexual peepshow.

Have you?

Yup..
Many times..I unfortunately have business in that part of town frequently. Perhaps a difference in tastes...Half shaved heads, body piercings from the Snap-On tool truck, and whole body tat wraps just aren't my thing. Maybe I keep missing the ones you have described, I'll defer to your observations

..I unfortunately have business in that part of town frequently. Perhaps a difference in tastes...Half shaved heads, body piercings from the Snap-On tool truck, and whole body tat wraps

Yup. That sounds like Southeast Portland at it's finest! :)

Admittedly, that look isn't for everyone. I like pretty people, regardless of their fashion sense. That said, I have no patience for stupid ideologies. Those are the real turn-off for me.

You can shave your head and spare your armpits all you like, throw a few piercings somewhere weird if you want, but the moment some uninformed, inflammatory political drivel rolls out of your mouth, I'm not interested. (Try telling the average Multnomah County youth that you're a fan of firearms and you can watch it happen!)

Anyway, it sounds like the pretty people in NW Portland may be more to your liking. :)

Stupid question, but has tried giving them a call? Any news on their end? After 45 days... well I dunno what.

Update...Everything was submitted March 27th, and still no CHL. Multnomah county researched the delay and their official response is, "we can't find your paperwork. You must start over". o_O

Another Multnomah CO data point, i submitted my application in mid-March, had the appointment the first week in May and received my CHL around the 2nd week in June.

The process wasn't hard. The wait is the worst part. I waited 6 months to the day between turning in my app and for my license to arrive in the mail. Might as well have bought a suppressor.

Last Edited:
Update- my appt was today, July 21st. Went in a bit early as traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was seen right away, and my paperwork, fingerprints, and photo were handled exceptionally quickly, competently, and professionally. Paid up, and out the door in under 10 minutes. I was told as I was leaving that the wait could be as long as "five weeks as things are going slightly slower than usual." 5*7=35, more quickly than the standard 45 days. I'd be very happy with anywhere between 35 and 45 days.

All in all, a very good experience, 10/10.

So, so far the timeline has been:

June 26- took app to office
June 28- received email for July 21 appointment
July 21- went to appointment with id, second id, proof of competency, and $65
Expected to receive license in mail between August 25 and September 5.

A lot faster than mine, but I have it now so, oh well. Thought about doing my Utah permit. I went and obtained my Washington one, because i do roam over to Vancouver quite often. Clark County was walk in and they had it to me in about 4 weeks from when I went in and that was over the holidays.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top