JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FINAL UPDATE

So, so far the timeline has been:

June 26- took app to office
June 28- received email for July 21 appointment
July 21- went to appointment with id, second id, proof of competency, and $65
Expected to receive license in mail between August 25 and September 5.
August 26- received OR CHL in the mail today. Received my UT CHL last week in the mail.

Good luck with this. Hope you never have to use it in Mult Cty. If you do, you''d likely wish you moved out well before the event; or prepare for the worst and move now anyhow.

Update...(my Son), Everything was submitted March 27th, and still no CHL. Multnomah county researched the delay and their official response is, "we can't find your paperwork. You must start over". o_O

Update...
Nearly September, and still no CHL. Did they lose the application again? I'm suspecting something else is going on. I told him not to bother them, so they don't throw his paperwork away again, but it's time. This is crazy.

Last Edited:
How long did it take you to get your Utah CHL? Just took the class Wednesday night. I'm assuming it was mailed in by the class provider Thursday or Friday.

FINAL UPDATE

So, so far the timeline has been:

June 26- took app to office
June 28- received email for July 21 appointment
July 21- went to appointment with id, second id, proof of competency, and $65
Expected to receive license in mail between August 25 and September 5.
August 26- received OR CHL in the mail today. Received my UT CHL last week in the mail.

Does anybody know if the Troutdale MCSO station takes applications?

Since my next closest office (122/SE Glisan) is now a homeless camp, Troutdale would be super convenient vs going all the way to lower SE to hand over a piece of paper...

MCSO is very proud of it's anti-SHARE Act stance, crowing about it and slobbering all over Ron Wyden, but their website is pretty tight-lipped about CHL procedures.

Does anybody know if the Troutdale MCSO station takes applications?

Since my next closest office (122/SE Glisan) is now a homeless camp, Troutdale would be super convenient vs going all the way to lower SE to hand over a piece of paper...

MCSO is very proud of it's anti-SHARE Act stance, crowing about it and slobbering all over Ron Wyden, but their website is pretty tight-lipped about CHL procedures.

Portland PD is taking applications. It's online.

My first two Moldnomah County CHLs went fine though I had to get paper and ink fingerprints done commercially. My most recent renew in the new location was even smoother. And I think they're doing electronic fingerprints there now, too. Call and ask - or maybe it's on their website.

I'm retiring in a couple weeks and moving to Washington County. Does anyone know? Will I be required to get a new CHL when I change my address even though I still have a couple years left on the old one?

Yea. They do eletronic prints. I transfered mine from clackamas county or multnomah when i moved to washington. That would have been....a year and a half ago or so.

Now, the thing was brand new and took freaking forever to do, because the two ladies aparently hadnt really been shown how to use the thing.

Troutdale is where I took my class. They also accepted applications, but I believe they still mail them to the main office before processing, so as long as you don't mind adding a couple more days to your wait.

Recap...My boy originally applied for his CHL in Multnomah County in March. After a couple of months, he checked on the application progression, and discovered they had no record of his application. He went thru the entire application process again, and until September, he still has received no reply. They just claim they are behind and have no further answer of why it is taking so long. At this time, he has moved from Multnomah to Washington County, where he will now start from scratch with the application process. I hope he can get his original fee refunded from Multnomah County.

Recap...My boy originally applied for his CHL in Multnomah County in March. After a couple of months, he checked on the application progression, and discovered they had no record of his application. He went thru the entire application process again, and until September, he still has received no reply. They just claim they are behind and have no further answer of why it is taking so long. At this time, he has moved from Multnomah to Washington County, where he will now start from scratch with the application process. I hope he can get his original fee refunded from Multnomah County.
Don't bet on it. How did he pay?

Don't bet on it. How did he pay?

I don't know. I don't know the payment options for Multnomah County. I gave him the money, so I don't know if he turned it into a check, or paid cash. in Clackamas County, a check is the only option for payment. Either way, this is just crazy.

Do y'all think MultCo is dragging its feet on this stuff because it doesn't want to do it?

Considering the letter Mike Reese put out and the fact neighboring counties can get things done *much* faster, that's how I see it.

I know how much the 41F amendment by the ATF pissed everyone off who use the trusts for NFA items, but I'm kind of glad I did't require him to sign off on my recent suppressor purchase.

Should have seen my passport photo. I have a scalp problem and haven't had a haircut in a while, so I look crazy too.

As far as wait times for CHLs go, who knows. Mine was too long at 6 months, but they were otherwise competent and professional in the application process in my experience anyways.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top