JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here ever done moved from Multnomah County to Washington County? Did you just keep your Multnomah County CHL and update your address? Or do I need to get a Washington County CHL?

Address change with Multnomah County seems pretty straightforward. But reapplying in a different county seems like a pain. Especially since I'm just like 15 min away in beaverton.

Any advice is appreciated.

You have to get a WaCo CHL. Lucky for you they are super fast/easy. Fill out the paperwork, set an appointment and pay the fee (like 15.00 if I remember correctly). After that you walk out with a new CHL. I had to do it when I moved from Polk county to Washington county. Super simple.

This is great to hear. Multnomah has ridiculous wait times. Guess I'll be doing my WA County one then. Though I must say it is kinda ridiculous it goes by county. Shouldn't it just be like a DL and be issued by the state? Oh government. They love their money and complicating things.

If you paid attention even a little bit during the application and training process, this question was answered for you multiple times.

If you paid attention even a little bit during the application and training process, this question was answered for you multiple times.
People come here to ask questions and learn. These kinds of responses aren't needed.

This is off topic, I know, but having moved to a different state, Utah is requiring me to get a change of address form notarized before they will issue a new CPL card. Just FYI.

This is off topic, I know, but having moved to a different state, Utah is requiring me to get a change of address form notarized before they will issue a new CPL card. Just FYI.
Good to know. I also have a Utah permit. I wonder if my address needs to be updated if I moved within state? Hmm. Good lookin out. I may need to call tomorrow

FYI, your carry license is not valid if it does not match your ODL.
I dont know if that is entirely true. I think you have a certain time frame to change it over. I remember when I moved temporarily to a different address for three months, Multnomah County said don't worry about changing the chl address until I have a permanent address. As long as my ODL has my current. But that was about a year ago or so.

I dont know if that is entirely true. I think you have a certain time frame to change it over. I remember when I moved temporarily to a different address for three months, Multnomah County said don't worry about changing the chl address until I have a permanent address. As long as my ODL has my current. But that was about a year ago or so.
30 days on both Oregon CHL and ODL.

Yup. True. I was given a hard time as a seller for not having them match. I had just moved.

You might find an FFL that looks the other way but probably not too many these days.

I don't believe you have to provide your CHL at the time of transfer but it seems like more and more are asking for them.

Yup. True. I was given a hard time as a seller for not having them match. I had just moved.

You might find an FFL that looks the other way but probably not too many these days.

I don't believe you have to provide your CHL at the time of transfer but it seems like more and more are asking for them.
I was more concerned with carrying, and in the unlikely event, getting pulled over or a highly unlikely event, being in a shooting.

I was just in Yellowstone, and there was a guy open carrying in a federal building. He was on his way out, but I told him he really shouldn't be in federal buildings with that on his hip.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads