JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well thats actually a pretty big one though....

Imagine if you didn't own a car and wanted to walk or bus to the range to practice.... or walk home from the gun store with a new purchase.

You also cant have pre-loaded mags and cylinders without your CHL on you... even if you don't have the gun with you. o_O

yes, you have a good point, but even if the differences are minor they are not necessarily insignificant. Just my opinion.
No point trying to be made respect your word just wasnt educated on the subject was seeking more knowledge. And I dont own a car and have had to walk home with long gun buys and never felt at ease:)

No point trying to be made respect your word just wasnt educated on the subject was seeking more knowledge. And I dont own a car and have had to walk home with long gun buys and never felt at ease:)

At least with a rifle you can open carry without a permit (if I recall?), what do you do if you bought a pistol?

Never thought about Portland laws much until a made an impulse purchase at a expo gun show once when I didnt have my permit on me and realised i couldnt even walk to my car legally....

Well, it has been over a decade since my MC experience, so maybe it has gotten better. To me they definitely gave me the feeling that if Oregon was not a 'shall issue' state, they would never have given the license. The contrast between MC and CC are huge though. I saw somewhere that CC was in the to 50 counties in the US for gun ownership. Only Oregon county on the list

yes you will. But if I recall its a address transfer not like a new applicant.
Am renewing my WC license on Monday. Looking at the form an address change costs $15 and you can set up the appt online thru the SO website.
Have been in OR for 38 years now ,always in WC. Will never live in MC. Love the SO in WC, was a homeowner and had (good) several interactions with them and always appreciated them. MC, just too many lefties there. Wish they had a higher fence around it.

Update- took my app to the office today. Very nice gentleman in the lobby took my app and explained the process. About one week to receive email with appt. Then about 3-4 weeks for appt. Then about 8+ weeks to receive license in mail. 10/10, good experience, very fast, very easy, very informative.

Then about 8+ weeks to receive license in mail.

Are you sure they said 8+ weeks?

Oregon law states that receipt or denial should be no more than 45 days after your appointment. So about 6 1/2 weeks, definitely not 8+.

I've been waiting 38 days now, and I'm beginning to wonder if they forgot about me, or what.

Are you sure they said 8+ weeks?

Oregon law states that receipt or denial should be no more than 45 days after your appointment. So about 6 1/2 weeks, definitely not 8+.

I've been waiting 38 days now, and I'm beginning to wonder if they forgot about me, or what.

My boy has been waiting since March 27th.o_O

Stupid question, but has tried giving them a call? Any news on their end? After 45 days... well I dunno what.

Yes he has. Their answer is they are looking into it. My answer is, make waves, and your application moves to the bottom of the stack.

If they're not upholding their end of the 45-day law... who do you contact? The Attorney general?

After looking up Oregon's Attorney general, I don't think you'd get much in the way of assistance.
I can take a pretty good guess at to what her opinion of your problem would be. Good luck and keep us in the loop.

Thank goodness for Wash C. Renewal today. Was very early but bored so I went in anyway. Sat me down, punched up my ODL, sent me in took my picture, signed my name and 4 minutes later was back out the door. To say it took 10 min would be exaggerating. I do like and respect the WCSO.

Update- took my app to the office today. Very nice gentleman in the lobby took my app and explained the process. About one week to receive email with appt. Then about 3-4 weeks for appt. Then about 8+ weeks to receive license in mail. 10/10, good experience, very fast, very easy, very informative.

They mail your permit in Multnomah County? I got mine in Washington County. Aside from it being 6 weeks before the first appointment I could get, they printed the permit and handed it to me before I left.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top