JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard Lars discussing it the other day on his talk show. Perhaps I misunderstood as he may have been talking about WA residents applying for the OR CHL. I would call the WASHCO sheriff's office for verification. The link is below....

Q) How do I meet the residency requirement to apply for an Oregon license issued by Washington County?
A. You may apply for a Washington County-issued Oregon concealed handgun license by meeting the residency requirements as stated in ORS 166.291(9):

• Possess a Current Oregon driver's license showing a residence in the county.

• Be registered to vote in Washington County and have a precinct memorandum card showing a residence address in the county.

• Provide documentation that you currently own or lease real property in the county.

• Provide documentation that you filed an Oregon tax return for the most recent tax year with a residence address in the county.
Concealed Handguns

Oregon is a "shall issue" state. Unless something disqualifies someone per the OR statutes then there's no reason to worry. I can see where MultCo would slow walk the process though.

Actually in my honest opinion when I went to go get my CHL here in Multnomah County it wasn't that big of a hassle at all I just sent in my paperwork went in and took my class at the Sheriff's Office went to the Sheriff's Office turned in my paper work and then got my permit unless you've been convicted of any sort of crime it's actually a breeze and I live in Gresham where it's kind of really bad now and I'm not really that worried

Thanks all for good information. I'm certainly qualified. I've heard so much negative about Multnomah county. We moved here (vice other counties) because of work. We love where we live. I appreciate all the good advice.

I have had nothing but good experiences with anyone at MCSO and my CCP went through with zero issues. The only downside is they don't alert us when the permit is near expiration...that's on us.

Not sure what the big problem is.

The only thing I heard bad about mult co was for out of state residents.

I've had my CHL through Mult co since about 2003 and had nothing but good experiences dealing with them.

I'm sure wait times are up but for a resident you should have no issue

And yes your still screwed living in mult co, but for other reasons

The only thing I heard bad about mult co was for out of state residents.

I've had my CHL through Mult co since about 2003 and had nothing but good experiences dealing with them.

I'm sure wait times are up but for a resident you should have no issue

And yes your still screwed living in mult co, but for other reasons
Like? Is there somthing Im missing lol honestly like to stay updated

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads