JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Welp. I am one of the schleps who let my CHL expire, by about 14 days.
Last time I had to go in and do the face to face thing.

I see that other Metro counties are being pretty quick about renewals. Does anyone know what the time for the renewal process is doing it online?
I filled everything out and paid up. I just dont know what the new process entails and length of time before i have a new card.

TIA.

For me I did it a year ago and it took a couple months before I got my new card. After a month of waiting I had to email them and got an apology for delay. Card showed up about a month later. Keep on top of them if it doesn't show in 2 weeks.

I did my renewal online, on my cellphone, while eating breakfast; they took my money, and had me a renewed license in the mail in 2wks. Painless.

Submitted my renewal online July 14th and received an approval confirmation on July 29th. Been out of town and haven't checked my mail yet to make sure I got it.

I let my WA CHL expire and had to pay $10 extra for the late renewal, filled the form and mailed the information
To my surprise I got an email that my form was received a week later and the permit after 2 weeks of send my application.
Thumbs up to WA

Yeah. It's a good idea to stay ahead of these things. You just know they're looking for ways to stop renewing CHLs.
I have the 3 state trifecta...
Both Arizona and Utah renew every 5 years - Multnomah County - renews every 4 years.
I almost slipped up this year again (thinking 5 years) - and renewed with only 7 days left.
Did the online thing and got my card in 2 weeks. Noticed some new weird fees this time around, too.

I have the 3 state trifecta...
Both Arizona and Utah renew every 5 years - Multnomah County - renews every 4 years.
I almost slipped up this year again (thinking 5 years) - and renewed with only 7 days left.
Did the online thing and got my card in 2 weeks. Noticed some new weird fees this time around, too.

I have the Utah as well.
This is my 3rd or 4th renewal. First time I let it expire.
I checked this morning on the progress, which is nice. They also provide a phone number for questions, rather than hiding it. Although it'll probably lead to an ungodly wait or a phone tree of hell.

WA county. Expires 09/21\22. Got an email from them last week reminding me to renew!
They are no longer doing on line renewals. I scheduled an appointment on line to go in to their office and renew.
In the past, I have always left with the renewed license in hand.

I live in MultCo. I renewed mine this past spring. It was due to expire this fall. I'd heard people say that during COVID it was taking 3 or 4 months for the renewal to go through. So I figured I'd better submit my application way early

MultCo has an online renewal option now. I did that. My new permit was mailed to me in around 3 weeks. I was totally blown away.

Anyway, that was my experience several months ago.

Cheers

I live in MultCo. I renewed mine this past spring. It was due to expire this fall. I'd heard people say that during COVID it was taking 3 or 4 months for the renewal to go through. So I figured I'd better submit my application way early

MultCo has an online renewal option now. I did that. My new permit was mailed to me in around 3 weeks. I was totally blown away.

Anyway, that was my experience several months ago.

Cheers

Thanks. I renewed it online as well. I am tryin to stay away from the online ability to check on the progress of it.
Hoping it just shows up in the mail in a few more weeks.

Thanks. I renewed it online as well. I am tryin to stay away from the online ability to check on the progress of it.
Hoping it just shows up in the mail in a few more weeks.
question, in mult. county when they send your new card do they put your old pic on it? or does multh. not have pics on chl
wash county does? maybe thats why wash co. you go in?

question, in mult. county when they send your new card do they put your old pic on it? or does multh. not have pics on chl
wash county does? maybe thats why wash co. you go in?
TBH, I had the same question.
They've always updated my picture with a new one when it's been a renewal. So I don't honestly know what they do.

Great question BTW.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads