JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wear gloves. Especially for support hand. Ak gas tube gets hot, and is in a perfect spot for oopsies. But hey, who needs a thumbprint anyway, right?
^^^Cuts, too. Anyone who has not burned and cut themselves on an AK has never really operated an AK. I swear they have some little commies at the end of each assembly line with files sharpening the edges.

So what is the best way to get a red dot mounted solidly. The triangle left side folding stock will likely not allow me to use a side mount rail unless I take it off every time I want to fold the stock. The hinged rail looks interesting but the rear sight will go by the wayside to get it mounted. MaybeI will just leave well enough alone and rock the irons.

So what is the best way to get a red dot mounted solidly. The triangle left side folding stock will likely not allow me to use a side mount rail unless I take it off every time I want to fold the stock. The hinged rail looks interesting but the rear sight will go by the wayside to get it mounted. MaybeI will just leave well enough alone and rock the irons.
Some options...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/midwest-industries-ak-alpha-series.441917/

https://ultimak.com/product-category/ak-mounts/

http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/category-s/1885.htm

https://www.atteroarms.com/product/bravo-mount/

I love me some ak's heres one, polytech

20230306_113801.jpg

Well I may not receive this rifle after all. It is on the way and is supposed to be delivered next Tue to my ffl. Between the clock ticking on HB1240 being passed and the previous handy work of King Pinheadslee and the Turd, requiring a 10 day wait, I may be forked. This state is really starting to annoy me. 🤬

When does the law take effect?

I would think that as long as the rifle arrives befor the law begins the transfer itself would be irregardless. You already paid for it so technically its legally yours.

Well the language in the law makes it go into effect as soon as King Jay signs it and if it is not in your possession by then, you can't legally take possession. I am hoping it takes a bit more time in the senate and somehow fails but I think it will probably fast track to Inslee's desk if it makes it out of the senate. I give myself 50/50 odds of getting this AK.

Iron sights, you don't need all that fancy bubblegum.

Iron sights, you don't need all that fancy bubblegum.
This is most likely the route I will go unless it somehow defies normal AK accuracy and warrants an optic. My expectations are pretty tempered with my limited exposure to the platform.

This is most likely the route I will go unless it somehow defies normal AK accuracy and warrants an optic. My expectations are pretty tempered with my limited exposure to the platform.
Assuming you get the rifle, Id just stick with irons... IMO the AK wasnt really "meant" for optics. Gas tube mounts get incredibly hot, other options I didnt trust the zero resets after field stripping. I tried and gave up and accepted the classic AK look. AKs are very accurate with irons or they wouldnt be so famous.

Assuming you get the rifle, Id just stick with irons... IMO the AK wasnt really "meant" for optics. Gas tube mounts get incredibly hot, other options I didnt trust the zero resets after field stripping. I tried and gave up and accepted the classic AK look. AKs are very accurate with irons or they wouldnt be so famous.
I don't know about very accurate, but reliably minute of man out to the effective ballistic capabilities of the cartridge for sure

I am mostly banking on the fun part. I still have a good supply of wolf steel cased ammo from back when the were almost giving it away, so I am looking forward to running it through the paces!

I am mostly banking on the fun part. I still have a good supply of wolf steel cased ammo from back when the were almost giving it away, so I am looking forward to running it through the paces!
They are a ton of fun. Admittingly I dont shoot mine as much as I should because I keep dinking with AR setups and zeros and hunting rifles and stuff. What I love about it is the simplicity... I can see why they are a true battlefield work horse they are so simple to operate and clean. I also have an ammo can of old Hotshot and some Red Star ammo from back in the day, AKs dont care about ammo brand or worries about steel case.

Fal's used to fill this niche for me but just got a little too spendy to shoot as much as I would like. Got to love a rifle with military roots that just runs.

I like Robski and I have watched that vid, but I am not sure stepping on charging handle is more viable that mortaring ar. This considering a live round stuck in each platform. Both require muzzle discipline but stepping on charging handle seems fraught with more risk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top