JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like Robski and I have watched that vid, but I am not sure stepping on charging handle is more viable that mortaring ar. This considering a live round stuck in each platform. Both require muzzle discipline but stepping on charging handle seems fraught with more risk.
Ive never thought about this until just now, but I have had a stuck case in an AR and, assuming its a milspec charging handle, it would just have to be way easier to step on an AK charging handle than an AR.

1678507430830.png

1678507390748.png

Aloha, Mark

Ive never thought about this until just now, but I have had a stuck case in an AR and, assuming its a milspec charging handle, it would just have to be way easier to step on an AK charging handle than an AR.
You won't see me stepping on a charging handle with a live round in chamber with either platform. Mortaring seems safer with either.

This is most likely the route I will go unless it somehow defies normal AK accuracy and warrants an optic. My expectations are pretty tempered with my limited exposure to the platform.
It just comes down to preference. Shooting open sights makes a person a better shot, IMO, and if you can shoot an AK with open sights, you can shoot any firearm.

Been into AKs for many years, I also put on an AK Shoot once a year in Goldendale Wa. The AK is a worthy tool to own, very simple, runs clean and shoots a round that inflicts a lot of damage. I shoot mine all the time with a red dot out to 200 yards with no issues hitting a 12-12 steel plate. Arsenals are my AK of choice, get what you can now as you don't know what the future holds. I have a 107cr in holding right now and it gets out of jail next week.

Congratulations on finding true happiness. ARs are boring legos, AK's are perfection, peak aesthetic. There is something about the rugged simplicity, metal and wood that just makes them hit different. There is a reason the rest of the world AK is king. You next steps should be:
1. Buy mags. Lots of mags. Ak mags are cheap and plentiful, and with looming legislation, they will be first on the chopping block.
2. Once fully stocked on mags which it sounds like you might be, then look at accessories/pimping out if you want to. My favorite mods:
3. ALG AKT enhanced trigger.
4. Cheesegrater- Khyber customs
5. Dong or sharkfin wood front handguard
6. Optic not required, but if you want to mount one, look at RS Regulate, or Attero Arms mount
7. Once you have the above, then you need:
8. Adidas Track suit
9. Davranov chest rig/hockey mask (look him up on Instagram or Davranov.com)
10. Peak aesthetic. Go rule the world you King. ;-). OG VZ.61 Skorpion as shown in the picture below is optional, but strongly encouraged . . .
(AK pictured- Arsenal SAM7-SF, with Warsaw Wood Co sharkfin, MRO mounted on a Attero Arms mount, scout light mounted to cheesgrater, ALG-AKT trigger. Davranov Chest rig/hockeymask combo)
E45D96E5-D839-4A11-A46E-D62ABBD33522.jpeg

I won't be getting rid of ar's or fal's to make room for ak's. I have respect for all these different platforms and will continue shooting and enjoying all of them. Yes, luckily I saw the mag ban coming and stocked up on ak mags as I had a ks47 and had plans to get an ak also. I hope I didn't wait too long.

Good news the rifle was received by my ffl a day earlier than expected. Headed to do the paper work and get that 10 day clock ticking! This bolsters my hopes of taking possession of it before King Jay can put pen to paper.

I got to fondle it a bit and all seemed good, at least as far as what I know about ak's. The front sight is on straight, the fit and finish seem very good and the trigger seems very acceptable. I am quite smitten with it and might throw just throw a tantrum if Jay ends up fornicating me.

I got to fondle it a bit and all seemed good, at least as far as what I know about ak's. The front sight is on straight, the fit and finish seem very good and the trigger seems very acceptable. I am quite smitten with it and might throw just throw a tantrum if Jay ends up fornicating me.
Just wait 'til you shoot it. The sound it makes as it cycles is something else. I find the recoil surprisingly mild and pleasant. I preferred the used surplus mags from Atlantic Firearms. I'm guessing they won't ship here anymore though?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top