JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The loose front sight post was pretty easy to fix by spreading the legs a bit. I also installed the extra power recoil spring. That was a bit of a chore but learning occurred and I managed to do it without launching any parts through the drywall or injuring myself. Tonight the alg trigger goes in.

The loose front sight post was pretty easy to fix by spreading the legs a bit. I also installed the extra power recoil spring. That was a bit of a chore but learning occurred and I managed to do it without launching any parts through the drywall or injuring myself. Tonight the alg trigger goes in.
Noice! I have the ALG trigger in all my AKs and one of my ARs.

Yes, I have shot it once since installing extra power recoil spring. I couldn't really notice a difference in recoil impulse but the empty casing were deposited closer by about 4-5 feet. AK's are kind of known to be overgassed to handle various loadings but I feel this is a worthy upgrade to help the longevity of the rifle. I only shot about 20 rounds of wolf military classic when I tested it but next time out I will run several different types of ammo including some brass loads that are known to be bit under powered.

I ran three types of ammo today and it was 100% with all types including some lower pressure brass factory loads that will not consistently cycle my ks47 build. Being the consummate tinkerer it now has a extra power alg recoil spring and alg trigger as well as a tws rear rail with a peep and and a 3x spitfire prism scope. While it is not as accurate as my 7.62x39 AR builds it will ring an 8" steel plate out at 300yds with boring regularity. It certainly is a hoot to shoot. I now have 250 rounds or so down the pipe and wear looks completely normal so far.

Sounds like a great rifle, would love to see a pic...
I bet your glad you got this thru in time the last days of freedom in Wa.

Hey, at least you don't have to worry about damaging wimpy aluminum ;)

My recommendation is to get another. Currently available awesomeness: Bulgarian SAM7, Polish FB Radom or WBP (NOT Pioneer!!!), WASR (ugly but bombproof, look over carefully first), Hungarian AK63D build, used Molot VEPR (poor man's Dragunov)

Also, I'm really not a fan of Yugo pattern AKs. Plus, Zastava QC is slipping. Also, Kalash USA QC has tanked and the company is in shambles. Avoid. Buy imports.

I have my hammer rounded off, I have a recoil buffer and a gas tube rail on my Chinese AK. Get rid of the paper clip retainer if you have one because it's a joke.
I can bump fire it and I pretty much have a legal select fire lol. I have no experience with PSA AKs, but I am a bit of a snub and I have to have a certain quality of AK for fun and SHTF. I got started pretty early on with regards to the AK "platform". I never thought an underfolder WASR would go for $1000, but I digress.

The AK47 is my true love and if I had to go kick the devil's behind, I would feel just fine with my AK. Hardest part would be, should I pick the milled, or stamped AK lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top