JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A shorter handle with the same Rubber/Nylon handle makes for an interesting arrangement. The Axe bit is a good one and the gut hook on the other end makes short work of skinning medium-size game animals.

The "Hunter's Axe" is forged from 1055 Carbon Steel like the rest of the Estwing edged tool line and is "tough as nails". For less than $52.00 on Amazon, it could prove to be a worthwhile investment.

Opinions?

I got my Estwing "Gourd Buster" offa crankslist for $12 and took my 4" grinder to it. Its been layin around for a while as I havent found too many gourds that needed bustin lately so its got a little surface rust on it.

Este 001.JPG Estwing 002.jpg Estwing 001.jpg

Last Edited:
That's a neat hammer/hatchet. The "Hunter's Axe" has a gut hook opposing the bit. I have an ongoing "love affair" with my Estwing Tomahawks. "Instant whip-arse" on my belt. Believe me when I say that it will stop a bad guy in short order.

I used one for several years and found that it worked extremely well for whatever needed doing there's times I wish I still had it. :):):)

my suggestion is to look on Craigslist. :):):)

Last Edited:
The Estwing Black Eagle Tomahawk can be had for $35.78 (shipped) from Amazon. Believe me when I tell you that it will outlive you. It is about 27 ounces and can be whipped around as quick as a wink. You can bury the spike a good 2 1/2" in a miscreant's skull. The 3" bit isn't a slouch either. I put a nice edge on the bit and it will "split someone's coconut" in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

I used one for several years and found that it worked extremely well for whatever needed doing there's times I wish I still had it. :):):)

Keep yer eye out on Crankslist for an Este like mine then take yer 4" wheel to it. Use those flapper sander thingys ya get at Homo Cheapo

41tI27wXteL.jpg

While pleasant to the eye, in my own woods-use of similar styles, they had considerable design flaws for what I needed.

The tactical nature can not be ignored of course, but most of my own use was relating to firewood chopping, utility pole trimming, or stake fabrication/pounding.

These designs always felt good on the belt or swinging them about in the air though.

The "Hunter's Axe" (illustrated by 41 Mag) is a handy unit in the deer camp/tree stand setting. My Condor and Estwing Tomahawks have the "tactical" edged-weapon aspect covered really well. I have 1 Condor and 2 Estwing 'Hawks.

The Estwing Tomahawks took about 15 minutes to smooth and hone the 3" bits to a nice edge. These are made for breaching car windows and terminating bad guys. Either the Condor or the Estwings can dispatch a person with consummate aplomb. (They'll never hear/see it coming).

Last Edited:
Meh... serious work for taking care of business is the Estwing rock pick. You can remove the hammer head side and make it sharp or whatever. I suggest you put in blood guides like on the buck knives. As far as the hunters axe... it is a cool idea but I am not too keen on the hollow space in the cheek area. And that is way too big of a gut hook. What would you use it for? Woolly Mammoths are long gone! ;):rolleyes:

This is the best all purpose Axe you can have, a modified "Fire Hatchet"
If you are serious about a work horse/fighting tool, there IS NONE BETTER!
$_3.jpg
It serves most needs quite well, and despite the small beard, it does quite well!

Lots of posts about "dispatching" people with these latest threads @Captain O

Hmmmm, looking for trouble?

No, I moved nine days ago. The problem remains that directly across from our apartment we have a resident rag-picker, chemical-smoking individual. Ours is a wholesome household, theirs (obviously) is not.

Be prepared for idiots and their "chemical dependencies".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top