JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"If you find an item that really works as it should, buy a lifetime supply because it won't be around much longer."

Don't know who said that first, but it is absolutely true.

P1020667_zps0mb2bo1q.jpg

I still have and use my Ontario machete that followed me home from the Army... :D

I recently traded for a Ontario copy of the famous M3 fighting knife of WWII fame.....
While not 100% true to the originals...especially with the handle width...and scabbard....

This was easily fixed with a gentle amount of sanding and finishing of the handle and replacing the stock scabbard with a GI issue M8a1 scabbard.
'Course now with my re-shaping of the handle...
I have ruined any collector value to a now discontinued knife and company..:eek: :D

In any event...it is a neat knife regardless and works well , if one wants to save wear and tear on an original M3.
Andy

Wow I got lucky then I just got my knife for my cowboy action gear from them a couple weeks ago.

Last Edited:
"If you find an item that really works as it should, buy a lifetime supply because it won't be around much longer."

Don't know who said that first, but it is absolutely true.
Buy two at least has been my rule of thumb.

I generally get one if I am not sure, then I go back and buy more if I like it and it is possible, preferably still on sale (half the time it isn't, but I am patient and keep my eyes open). Knives I have plenty of, usually at least two of each, preferably three if I like it, more if I deem it worth of having extra for barter.

It looks like they shut down the US factory, but will continue to produce knives overseas (a lot of their products were not American made to begin with.). Still sad to see another legacy American brand get sold off and moved to Asia.

I still find a bunch of their products on Amazon. Grab 'em while you can...

Ontario Knife Company 499 Air Force Survival Knife 5" Sawback Blade with False Top Edge and Blood Grooves, Natural Leather Handle and Sheath - 6150
I have that same knife. Please tell me it's worth thousands of dollars by now! :)

Sorry to hear about Ontario. Quality knives at a bargain price. I think they made my RAT knives also.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews