JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I second the motion 100%.
You don't sound like a dog owner that we would sell a puppy to.
The fact that the dog is an adult pretty set in his ways makes him a problem dog for most people. Try and find him a home with an assertive person who knows and loves dogs. If you try it you WILL be sorry I guarantee. Get a cat they could care less as long as you feed them.
Gabby
Ha, and even then.....

15727324_704307313066631_8695488164725404742_n.jpg

I second the motion 100%.
You don't sound like a dog owner that we would sell a puppy to.
The fact that the dog is an adult pretty set in his ways makes him a problem dog for most people. Try and find him a home with an assertive person who knows and loves dogs. If you try it you WILL be sorry I guarantee. Get a cat they could care less as long as you feed them.
Gabby
Why would you say that

Why would you say that
You are a dog man just think about it.
He already said he doesn't like dogs, I surely wouldn't sell him one if that's how he feels about them. No more than I would want a child adopted by someone who didn't like children. Just common sense to me these can be the people who might even abuse them. No thanks not fair to either the puppy or the owner!
Gabby

Last Edited:
I have had dogs pretty much all of my life and I can tell you that after this one is gone we will not have another one. We want to travel the country without having to worry about getting back to the trailer to let the dog out or feed it, etc.

i did not adopt that dog... my mother did, and shes an idiot and the dog has made her chaotic ridiculous life just more chaotic and ridiculous... how she hasnt been sued over the dog yet i dont know.

then my sister adopted a small dog... some little terrier thing.. he was smaller, so slightly easier to deal with by that alone.. but was still a goddamn nightmare.

weird thing is, it was the same thing w me and that dog - he only minded me. he'd be absolutely ape bubblegum crying and yapping and jumping on everyone, and my sister would scream at him, lock him in the bathroom, tie him to a table leg... he NEVER calmed down.. whined and yapped constantly for hours and hours and hours... nothing you said or did had any effect on his behavior, other than to make it worse

but when id tell him to calm down, he would.. not perfectly, but it was remarkable how he'd sit still when i told him to, be mostly quiet, and lie on the floor behind my feet when i was over

once again.... i seriously considered adopting him.. man i was close.. i honestly think, in retrospect, my desire to adopt these dogs came down to narcissism - *i* was the only one with __________ (whatever it was) and capable of taming these beasts...

uhg. no. im so glad i didnt take either of them. i can totally see the appeal of having a dog.. in the last couple years ive seen what really special creatures they are. we have bred them into little facsimiles of ourselves, reflections of ourselves.. weve bred human emotion and other human traits into them, and they truly seem to be made of the best of what we are... unconditionally loving, unconditionally forgiving, loyal, protective, empathetic, giving.. amazing, wonderful creatures.

i dont "hate" dogs anymore at all, but i still dont want one. maybe someday, when im done galavanting the globe and living life completely selfishly and have land and time and some heart to give.

thanks to all who recommended against. not everyone ought to have a dog - probably most people.

i did not adopt that dog... my mother did, and shes an idiot and the dog has made her chaotic ridiculous life just more chaotic and ridiculous... how she hasnt been sued over the dog yet i dont know.

then my sister adopted a small dog... some little terrier thing.. he was smaller, so slightly easier to deal with by that alone.. but was still a goddamn nightmare.

weird thing is, it was the same thing w me and that dog - he only minded me. he'd be absolutely ape bubblegum crying and yapping and jumping on everyone, and my sister would scream at him, lock him in the bathroom, tie him to a table leg... he NEVER calmed down.. whined and yapped constantly for hours and hours and hours... nothing you said or did had any effect on his behavior, other than to make it worse

but when id tell him to calm down, he would.. not perfectly, but it was remarkable how he'd sit still when i told him to, be mostly quiet, and lie on the floor behind my feet when i was over

once again.... i seriously considered adopting him.. man i was close.. i honestly think, in retrospect, my desire to adopt these dogs came down to narcissism - *i* was the only one with __________ (whatever it was) and capable of taming these beasts...

uhg. no. im so glad i didnt take either of them. i can totally see the appeal of having a dog.. in the last couple years ive seen what really special creatures they are. we have bred them into little facsimiles of ourselves, reflections of ourselves.. weve bred human emotion and other human traits into them, and they truly seem to be made of the best of what we are... unconditionally loving, unconditionally forgiving, loyal, protective, empathetic, giving.. amazing, wonderful creatures.

i dont "hate" dogs anymore at all, but i still dont want one. maybe someday, when im done galavanting the globe and living life completely selfishly and have land and time and some heart to give.

thanks to all who recommended against. not everyone ought to have a dog - probably most people.

Dang that post #28, I'd forgot, cracked me up again!

I learned something on a show I watched here maybe 2-3 months ago. I don't usually watch those "My Cat From Hell" shows. Get rid of the damned cat! You ruined it already. The show was similar but was dogs instead of cats. What the trainer taught us on that show is the dog equates all that yelling, aggressive (for lack of a better term, and not beating/slugging) physical handling, I'll say. "Tying to the table leg?", grabbing/pulling, pushing, with affection. So you're rewarding the animal for misbehaving. "The guy that lives next door" or just AH for short, does that classically! His dog is at the fence going nuts because mail man, or FedX truck. He scolds it, it comes to him and comes up under his arm while sits. That's the dog reward. Maybe your Sis's and Mom's dogs read you as not giving the reward so they react better to you. A lot of people shouldn't have dogs. Same for some people and kids!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top