JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok thanks for your help I got the gun FN PBR XP w/ McMillan A5 stock love it. $1300 with the bipod. Levi was a great guy and knew his stuph. Now I need a scope any ideas around $400 to $500

I love to shoot around 200 to 800 yards but i cant afford the i shot in the military so i am looking at getting one of the guns listed below. If you can help me pick tat would be great or it have other ideas put in a link PLEASE im trying to stay around 12 to 1500 $

Savage Arms 10BAS 308 Win

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.a...&mfg=Savage+Arms&family=10+/+110+Rifle+Series

FN PBR XP w/ McMillan A5 stock

http://www.outdoorstrader.com/viewad.asp?id=50040639050100618

Last Edited:
That savage looks sweet!, all thought i am not a big fan of bolt action rifles i prefer semi auto. You should look into getting a m1a from Springfield armory. I just bought one few night ago and that sucker can hit targets at 800 yard easily!
What ever you chose just make sure its in .308 i love that round :)

Just my .002

JP

well my little Rem 700 sps tactical is only 500$ range and shoots that range just fine, top it with some nice glass and you can have a good gun for the price of either of those. Even saves you some coin to upgrade the stock later on or buy ammo.

Of the two you posted though i have heard nothing but good things about the FN PBR's however thats all from friends, i have never actually shot one myself.

well my little Rem 700 sps tactical is only 500$ range and shoots that range just fine, top it with some nice glass and you can have a good gun for the price of either of those. Even saves you some coin to upgrade the stock later on or buy ammo.

Of the two you posted though i have heard nothing but good things about the FN PBR's however thats all from friends, i have never actually shot one myself.

Yes the Rem 700 sps tactical is a great rifle for the price as well my father has one he shoot and also is accurate with it, but as i stated before its a bolt gun and i like semi better :)

Both should be good guns that would do the job. My preference between the two would be the FN for two reasons. First is the McMillan stocks are really nice and expensive as heck to add later. Second, the Savage will shoot as good as anything, but honestly between the bolt and the barrel nut, I find them to be ugly rifles. Personal, yes, but hey, its what works for you...

Call Savage, they will most likely make you exactly what you want, they have a very nice custom shop.

Look into other calibers also. The 6.5x47 Lapua is gaining in popularity over the 308 for having better ballistics and accuracy.

Ok so I got the FN and am getting a tear in my eye cuz it's to late to take it out well this weekend will be fun.

I need amo GOOD amo 155gr please help any ideas

Check Lapua 155gr Scenars. I can push them at 2850fps with a 24" bbl and Varget. Although they are more accurate at just under 2800fps in my rifle.

For shooting long range you'd be best off investing in reloading equipment

+1 - For best accuray, you'll need to tune your load to your rifle.

Remember that optics help you SEE BETTER, not SHOOT BETTER. The accuracy at 600 yards and beyond is a function of you, your skills and your interface with the rifle.

The unfortunate part, at least I have found in my experience, is that the scope often ends up costing as much or more than the actual bullet throwing part of the system (which irritates me to no end actually).

So my :s0159: is that you should save your pennies and get yourself some good glass with a good reticle for the caliber you shoot and mount it to the rifle with something solid from a company like Badger Ordnance (who make excellent rings and mounts) Start with opticsplanet.com and look around in there. They have some good deals and you can see what you like before buying.

I have found for commercially manufactured match ammo that nothing beats that Federal Gold Medal Match. They have a magic potion it seems for getting those loads to do things I wouldn't think a mass produced bullet could do; but to be REALLY accurate, you probably will have to do some fine tuning of your own reloads (if you want to get that into it).

Agree David. I see alot of folks with a $2K rifle and a $200 "optic" and complain they cant stretch out to 600 + meters.
A nice optic and mount will cost about as much as your weapon platform. But, it will also last a life time. Leupold makes great stuff, so does Vortex.
Also, I would suggest borrowing a spotting scope and a buddy and spend the day really feeling that rifle out with different brands/ weights of ammo.

ok thanks for your help I got the gun FN PBR XP w/ McMillan A5 stock love it. $1300 with the bipod. Levi was a great guy and knew his stuph. Now I need a scope any ideas around $400 to $500

I love to shoot around 200 to 800 yards but i cant afford the i shot in the military so i am looking at getting one of the guns listed below. If you can help me pick tat would be great or it have other ideas put in a link PLEASE im trying to stay around 12 to 1500 $

Savage Arms 10BAS 308 Win

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SV10BAS308&mfg=Savage+Arms&family=10+/+110+Rifle+Series

FN PBR XP w/ McMillan A5 stock

http://www.outdoorstrader.com/viewad.asp?id=50040639050100618
I think they use ray guns now. Good luck though!

$465 Rem 700 SPS with a $650 Vortex.... Most backwards I've ever been in a rifle.

Glass > Rifle

Looks like you can't go wrong either way just match your twist rate to what you plan to sling.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top