JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like this idea, I think I'll go get some for times when wife and I walk outside. Neighborhood is pretty nice but you never know.
The lil Bichon I had was attacked by a Rottweiler on one of my wife's walks in this otherwise very quiet neighborhood. We took them to court when nobody else would. The same dog later menaced her on the street in front of witnesses and we took them to court again. One more and the dog would have been euthanized. Some people never learn to keep their dogs where they belong.

That's not going to happen any more. I bought her a collapsible baton but it is too heavy. Then I was going to buy her a 90,000 volt stun baton:

1629991104829.png

but the small POM cannister was the perfect answer. Small enough to not be a burden to carry, can be used at distance, doesn't require training/technique, can be carried in pocket or at ready, very effective.

Really glad you are OK. You handled it perfectly. Your instincts led the way. Any harder physical defense would have landed you in trouble. Pepper spray is probably your next best defense. I do hope you were wearing your government mandated mask! God Speed.

Im glad you're ok man. It seems as if the law and our system is designed to aid the criminals yet hinder/deny the law abiding at every turn. Sadly you're probably right, had you gone full force and delivered some hefty life lessons to her face, you'd be cuffed and immediately perceived as the aggressor simply because of your gender.

OP , this is exactly the kind of no win situation that I worry about. Not enough threat of significant physical harm to warrant your effective reaction. Stuck between a rock and a hard place really.
I'm truly impressed with your dog's level of training.
Though I wasn't there to witness, I say you did the best job possible in your situation.

Unicykle, you did all right. By these days standards. If you'd landed a punch on an unarmed woman, you'd have been in the soup and the police would've come. For you.

Well it's in my neighborhood now, yesterday I got attacked by a crazy lady and she sicked her dog on me. I walk my dog several times a day at the park just three blocks from my house. yesterday when I showed up I hadn't been out of my car 3 to 5 seconds and some crazy lady was already screaming at me From 200 feet away that her dog was vicious and would kill my dog I told her not to worry My dog is well trained And wouldn't bother her and I started to walk the opposite direction Well she continue to follow me screaming profanities at me calling me every name in the book she could think of. as I had almost completed 1/4 mile lap I was keeping track of where she was since she was behind me kind of out of sight and as I turned around one of the times we made eye contact and she came completely unglued charged at me and closed the 100' while still wildly yelling. I told my dog to stay I took several paces towards her to create a gap between the two dogs and as soon as she got close enough she started doing the windmill haymaker thing which was really of no consequence I was able to keep my hands in her face and chest to keep some gap and then she started urging her dog to sick me which it did, it didn't end up biting me but it end up ripping my shirt basically completely off. while fighting her dog off and a half half assed attempt at staying out of her windmill punches I was able to get my phone out and get a picture of her face which really pissed her off but luckily two older fellas came over to separate things up, we split and she turned and left with a party note that she knows where I live and is going to destroy my property . Of course I call the police and wait at the park for them to show up about 15 minutes later I get a call and as we all know the police are underfunded and overworked and he didn't even want to come out and make a report since he knew that if there was no bodily harm and no weapon used the DA would not file charges I hope all these Democrats are happy with a bubblegum hole they've created. It's going to be a real chore trying to start my business someplace else but I got to get out of here this is beyond rediculius
Edit: i forgot to add a lady got a video of it she is supposed to send me. She said she is a mental health worker and cloud tell this was going to get real and must have got a good bit of it since the video was too long to come thru on a text.

Which park, if you dont mind me asking.

You have the option of having her dog confiscated and put down. And regardless of who started the altercation she is responsible for her dog attacking you. You have two witnesses to substantiate your version of the altercation. She can be and should be criminally charged and you should take your witness statements (contact those two gentlemen and politely ask) and your recording to the police and demand justice. You have the right to take the police and the local prosecutor to court and you also have the right to file a report to the Bar Association in regards to the prosecutor's failing to enforce the law. And if that woman is a "mental health care professional" you should also request her license to be revoked as she is obviously mentally disturbed herself.

Well it's in my neighborhood now, yesterday I got attacked by a crazy lady and she sicked her dog on me. I walk my dog several times a day at the park just three blocks from my house. yesterday when I showed up I hadn't been out of my car 3 to 5 seconds and some crazy lady was already screaming at me From 200 feet away that her dog was vicious and would kill my dog I told her not to worry My dog is well trained And wouldn't bother her and I started to walk the opposite direction Well she continue to follow me screaming profanities at me calling me every name in the book she could think of. as I had almost completed 1/4 mile lap I was keeping track of where she was since she was behind me kind of out of sight and as I turned around one of the times we made eye contact and she came completely unglued charged at me and closed the 100' while still wildly yelling. I told my dog to stay I took several paces towards her to create a gap between the two dogs and as soon as she got close enough she started doing the windmill haymaker thing which was really of no consequence I was able to keep my hands in her face and chest to keep some gap and then she started urging her dog to sick me which it did, it didn't end up biting me but it end up ripping my shirt basically completely off. while fighting her dog off and a half half assed attempt at staying out of her windmill punches I was able to get my phone out and get a picture of her face which really pissed her off but luckily two older fellas came over to separate things up, we split and she turned and left with a party note that she knows where I live and is going to destroy my property . Of course I call the police and wait at the park for them to show up about 15 minutes later I get a call and as we all know the police are underfunded and overworked and he didn't even want to come out and make a report since he knew that if there was no bodily harm and no weapon used the DA would not file charges I hope all these Democrats are happy with a bubblegum hole they've created. It's going to be a real chore trying to start my business someplace else but I got to get out of here this is beyond rediculius
Edit: i forgot to add a lady got a video of it she is supposed to send me. She said she is a mental health worker and cloud tell this was going to get real and must have got a good bit of it since the video was too long to come thru on a text.
She obviously had mental issues or an over the top Karen?

You did fine IF you and your dog were both wearing masks. :p :p

I'm leaving Oregon for a red state/constitutional carry state. Several to choose from. More news to follow as I do it. My house in Salem goes on the market today.

Apparently the police don't have time to investigate real crimes but Kate Brown thinks they have time to enforce an outdoor mask mandate.

This will get good.

You have the option of having her dog confiscated and put down. And regardless of who started the altercation she is responsible for her dog attacking you. You have two witnesses to substantiate your version of the altercation. She can be and should be criminally charged and you should take your witness statements (contact those two gentlemen and politely ask) and your recording to the police and demand justice. You have the right to take the police and the local prosecutor to court and you also have the right to file a report to the Bar Association in regards to the prosecutor's failing to enforce the law. And if that woman is a "mental health care professional" you should also request her license to be revoked as she is obviously mentally disturbed herself.
In a semi, correctly operating, judicial system. But this is Oregon. Not the same Oregon as 20-30+ years ago. All the OP would get would be an exasperating experience lasting for months and likely not receive any satisfaction.
Maybe it's different in Clackamas county? I'm in multco/potland, where there is no hope for justice anymore.

My
OP , this is exactly the kind of no win situation that I worry about. Not enough threat of significant physical harm to warrant your effective reaction. Stuck between a rock and a hard place really.
I'm truly impressed with your dog's level of training.
Though I wasn't there to witness, I say you did the best job possible in your situation.
My dog is awesome and everybody loves Soda Pop. I dont realy have training sessions with her i just use everthing as training i constantly put my dogs in positions where they have the opportunity to fail so i can correct any behaviors i dont like, which has been rare the last few years.

CC024F2B-A87B-4DD1-ABE7-1AC104F6A8B7.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your encounter, but they are migrating outwards from Portland. I'd also recommend carrying pepper spray as a detergent. My personal preference is Fox Five Point Three, it's a 2% Oleoresin Capsicum (OC @ 5.3M Scoville Heat Units) and ultraviolet dye spray.

Wife, eldest daughter and I, all carry this when out walking our dog, too many deranged vermin wandering the streets nowadays….

13BAE1DA-A105-4B73-AC08-0502A52E2329.jpeg

Stay safe out there and keep yer head on a swivel…

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top