JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is your auto insurance so high?

I'm pretty sure if I didn't have three vehicles, a boat and a home insured with State Farm that the insurance for our 2005 CR-V would be a bunch more that $345.00 every 6 months? The other two vehicles with basic liability run about a little more/little less than $150.00. Add to that the over 50 something discount. Add to that I've been with State Farm since about 1975.

"I feel like something fishy is going on..."

Even if you were going 75, it's still theft. Cops are glorified tax collectors. But yeah, a dash cam is exactly what people should have in their cars. About the cheapest insurance available, and could really save your tail in a collision.

I only showed up to read this thread to see how its possible to go that slow down that hill. I put it in neutral these days and coast all the way down. @60mph is my speed if I don't have to brake (love the WuFlu no traffic these days)

Wish you well on your ticket quest, I sympanthise and believe your detailed version, and if nothing else, a judge would likely believe you as well when it's told that way and erase the fine even if the officer showed up for court and read off his notes saying you were going at 75 or whatever.

I only showed up to read this thread to see how its possible to go that slow down that hill. I put it in neutral these days and coast all the way down. @60mph is my speed if I don't have to brake (love the WuFlu no traffic these days)

Wish you well on your ticket quest, I sympanthise and believe your detailed version, and if nothing else, a judge would likely believe you as well when it's told that way and erase the fine even if the officer showed up for court and read off his notes saying you were going at 75 or whatever.
Thank you! I appreciate the support, from all of you.

I take my foot off the gas. pop the hood and put the emergency brake on when I go down that hill, that usually gets me close to limit.

Either the judge was insanely wrong or there was a misunderstanding regarding what the judge meant. Statutes aren't evidence, they're the law the judge must apply and there's no mechanism for admitting those as evidence because the idea doesn't make any sense. Evidence is a fancy word for "facts" and laws are never facts, they're the rules against which you compare the facts.
Ya well that's what happened. Believe me, in district courtthey do whatever the hell they like. I got a ticket one time years ago and was in one of the bogus kangaroo courts. They actually we're using xeroxed forms with fill in the blank spots with prewritten testimony ( purposely written designed for conviction basically a standard form letter). Got a bogus 51 mph ticket in a 30 mph zone . Cop followed me through stop sign and we stopped at 2 lights and we drove 1/2 mile and he turned on his lights. Said he had me on radar .While he was writing the ticket I looked in his car... He just about flipped Why? Because his unit wasn't even turned on! When I told him I'd see him in court., He turned green. I supoeoned everything imaginable and brought in my own info including the operational instructions ,calibration and verification procedure for the unit. Of course he didn't show. I showed my background (professional certifications in Radar,Electronic Warfare, and Biomedical Electronics Engineering which employs the same Doppler Theory) The cops notes on the back of his copy of my ticket said "he accidently turned the unit off during the high speed pursuit ( everyone in court was laughing) . In other words it didn't happen and All documentation shows that even if it did, it immediately invalidated the radar as there was no after reading calibration and verification procedure done Which requires 2 tuning forks for that unit to be done immediately before and after each use. I was schooling them and the judge was pissed and argumentative. BTW their little fill in the blank form letter with prewritten testimony stated calibration was performed with A tuning fork (as in one) before and after reading. By his own admission on the back of the ticket it the cop contradicted the other document and I plainly showed even if it were possible it was incomplete and invalid. The judge said I had no standing as an expert, I failed to provide any evidence( hell I had the manual there!) And that nothing I said was clear cogent or convincing and he found me guilty. I immediately turned and asked the gallery how many others got tickets like this and about a dozen hands went up several of which got an identical 51 mph in a 30mph zone by the same cop....imagine that!The judge threatened me with contempt and I told them I'd see them in Superior Court. It cost me 79$ to file appeal, $120 for a cassette taped audio recording of my district Cort kangaroo trial and another day off work. The Superior Court case is in the CaseLaw records and the ruling in my favor which came out of Superior Court was scathing rebuke of the little scam they had going. BTW, the town sent their attorney to Superior Court with more documents that also had omissions and lies including one they said I had checked marked saying it wasn't necessary for the officer to be present for the hearing. The Superior Court judge was pissed. He showed me the paper which I had never seen and asked me did you mark this box? I said I'd never seen this paper what is it? The Judge looked at the town's Attorney and answered for me" Of course you didn't! The Superior Court judge said he'd heard and seen all he needed and we would be getting a written decision within 30 days. Not only did I prevail, they were ordered to cover all my costs filing fees , transcript fees and lost wages and they were enjoined from running their illegal system further more.. I could go on and on. Long and the short of it was I never got reimbursed one red cent by that town or their court but I didn't have that phony ticket on my record, I exposed them for what they did and it's actually in the case law books under my last name vs. city of xx?

Ya well that's what happened. Believe me, in district courtthey do whatever the hell they like. I got a ticket one time years ago and was in one of the bogus kangaroo courts. They actually we're using xeroxed forms with fill in the blank spots with prewritten testimony ( purposely written designed for conviction basically a standard form letter). Got a bogus 51 mph ticket in a 30 mph zone . Cop followed me through stop sign and we stopped at 2 lights and we drove 1/2 mile and he turned on his lights. Said he had me on radar .While he was writing the ticket I looked in his car... He just about flipped Why? Because his unit wasn't even turned on! When I told him I'd see him in court., He turned green. I supoeoned everything imaginable and brought in my own info including the operational instructions ,calibration and verification procedure for the unit. Of course he didn't show. I showed my background (professional certifications in Radar,Electronic Warfare, and Biomedical Electronics Engineering which employs the same Doppler Theory) The cops notes on the back of his copy of my ticket said "he accidently turned the unit off during the high speed pursuit ( everyone in court was laughing) . In other words it didn't happen and All documentation shows that even if it did, it immediately invalidated the radar as there was no after reading calibration and verification procedure done Which requires 2 tuning forks for that unit to be done immediately before and after each use. I was schooling them and the judge was pissed and argumentative. BTW their little fill in the blank form letter with prewritten testimony stated calibration was performed with A tuning fork (as in one) before and after reading. By his own admission on the back of the ticket it the cop contradicted the other document and I plainly showed even if it were possible it was incomplete and invalid. The judge said I had no standing as an expert, I failed to provide any evidence( hell I had the manual there!) And that nothing I said was clear cogent or convincing and he found me guilty. I immediately turned and asked the gallery how many others got tickets like this and about a dozen hands went up several of which got an identical 51 mph in a 30mph zone by the same cop....imagine that!The judge threatened me with contempt and I told them I'd see them in Superior Court. It cost me 79$ to file appeal, $120 for a cassette taped audio recording of my district Cort kangaroo trial and another day off work. The Superior Court case is in the CaseLaw records and the ruling in my favor which came out of Superior Court was scathing rebuke of the little scam they had going. BTW, the town sent their attorney to Superior Court with more documents that also had omissions and lies including one they said I had checked marked saying it wasn't necessary for the officer to be present for the hearing. The Superior Court judge was pissed. He showed me the paper which I had never seen and asked me did you mark this box? I said I'd never seen this paper what is it? The Judge looked at the town's Attorney and answered for me" Of course you didn't! The Superior Court judge said he'd heard and seen all he needed and we would be getting a written decision within 30 days. Not only did I prevail, they were ordered to cover all my costs filing fees , transcript fees and lost wages and they were enjoined from running their illegal system further more.. I could go on and on. Long and the short of it was I never got reimbursed one red cent by that town or their court but I didn't have that phony ticket on my record, I exposed them for what they did and it's actually in the case law books under my last name vs. city of xx?
So don't tell me that stuff doesn't happen... Because it does. You don't have to believe it ... It shouldn't happen , but it does. That do what the want. I can prove every word of it.

I was about to skip this wall of text, but I'm glad I didn't.

I hope you don't mind I marked it funny -- not laughing AT you, laughing at how you got 'em.

Was the cop's name Roscoe, by any chance? :D

I drove the same route tonight, I was at 52 mph at most in the 50 mph zone! These PPB officers are either liars or have faulty equipment! SHAME ON THEM!

It's all good though, they can find me guilty and steal my money, but karma is a bit*h!

I just hope the judge has a brain and I hope the truth sets me free.

If he got you on the laser, you're going to have a difficult time beating the ticket on your own. Do you know what info is required on an officers laser log? Do you know what questions to ask about the visual estimate of speed prior to his using the detection device?

I sit in traffic court EVERY week in Florida and see people come in with grand ideas of beating the ticket, and the reality is the ones that DO win on their own, usually win ONLY because the cop had something more important to do and didn't bother to show up for the trial. I'm not saying don't fight it, you should, but the cop no-showing for trial is your best hope if you fight it yourself.

In Florida, we have a million traffic ticket attorneys that are DEFINITELY worth using. They know the technical loopholes, local quirks of the court, and little mistakes on the tickets that officers often make that can actually get a ticket tossed out. You won't know these things, they've learned it through 100s of trials.

From what I've learned sitting through 1000s of traffic trials (at least it's this way in Florida) is that the ticket attorneys are the best option, and you don't even have to waste your own time to go to court yourself.

I was able to download information but it would not show speed. Just locations.
Depending on how often it shows your location, and if it has a time stamp you could calculate your "average speed" - to show the likelyhood of having done 75. Not proof, but could demonstrate a pattern. And then you could argue to have gone 75 you'd have been at sub-speed limits other times. And I don't remember if there was a cite as to exactly where the laser was set and where the offense occurred.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top