JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe this is how I will beat this ticket.... Fingers crossed.

But ya, as you see in the pic, both officers are on there, #1 is the bike officer that issued the ticket. Screenshot_20210728-152520~3.png

I hear ya, but I'll be spending dollars to save pennies. I'm not worried about paying more for insurance and gaining a point etc.

This is about being accused of doing something I didn't.

We shall see if this judge is legit or part of the problem.
He's part of the problem. It's a racket. Figured that out a long time ago.

He's part of the problem. It's a racket. Figured that out a long time ago.
I totally understand and I could go on for hours with regards to how I feel and how I view law enforcement in this country. What it was and what it is now. I am not anti police, I am for the rule of law and peace but I also see the Mil/LE industrial complex at play..... it used to be justice, now it's just-US! Just us the little people getting pooped on, but I digress.

But if they get away with this, that's fine. They will not be able to dodge the karma coming their way. Nature has its ways my friend.

He who laughs last, laughs best!

I'm at work, we have a felon in the behavioral health department. So we have two Portland officers sitting and waiting on the patient.

So I had to ask the two officers about my ticket.

They said that only one has to show up, the officer who issued the ticket.

Darn it!

Last Edited:
Ran into officer X again lol. His buddies were here at the hospital, sitting on a DUI suspect/patient.

Found out the other officer retired and that's why he isn't showing up to court. Officer X said that the retired officer radioed him about how I was supposidly traveling fast etc. So I was right, the retired officer tagged me and officer X ticketed me.
So I said, officer X, how does that work? The other officer isn't gonna be there, how will I and the court know the other side of the story from the retires officer?
Officer X said, well there you go and he smiled.... And I'm like hmmm I wonder if it'll get dropped. X also said that retired police can be called in but are not obligated to show up. The officer would get paid obviously.

The yoyo is killing me lol I cannot wait to see how this all turns out.

If I beat this ticket, I'm gonna take some of that ticket money and donate it.... To pass the good karma along. Thinking a pet shelter like fur and friends or whatever in WA state.

Last Edited:
If I beat this ticket, I'm gonna take some of that ticket money and donate it.... To pass the good karma along. Thinking a per shelter like fur and friends or whatever in WA state.
Or maybe a police benevolent association. Now wouldn't that be ironic...? o_O

I would imagine you might have to request it be dropped due to no testification(?) about the speed - was it judged, was it measured, how was it measured etc.
Officer X was just told to pull you over, he did not witness the infraction.

I would imagine you might have to request it be dropped due to no testification(?) about the speed - was it judged, was it measured, how was it measured etc.
Officer X was just told to pull you over, he did not witness the infraction.
Exactly! I need to hear the retired officer's side of things, and if he is no show, since two officers are involved, we will be missing half the story with regards to the stop.

shoulda got a lawyer
I'd be spending dollars to save pennies. Whatever happens in the kangaroo court is fine. I know what happened and what didn't happen so those involved in this scam will have to deal with the bad karma coming their way. They can mess with me but they won't be able to stop what nature has planned for them. I'm just gonna accept it for what it is and I'm sure I'll have the last laugh. One day, everything will be going great and BAM! Karma!

I'm sure things will move very quickly and the judge will take the officer's side, they usually do.

I'd be spending dollars to save pennies. Whatever happens in the kangaroo court is fine. I know what happened and what didn't happen so those involved in this scam will have to deal with the bad karma coming their way. They can mess with me but they won't be able to stop what nature has planned for them. I'm just gonna accept it for what it is and I'm sure I'll have the last laugh. One day, everything will be going great and BAM! Karma!

I'm sure things will move very quickly and the judge will take the officer's side, they usually do.
EDIT: Went back and read that your doing a phone thing. Bummer. Several hours watching lame drivers make excuses for their terrible driving habits is something everyone should experience once. Good luck still!

Have you been to traffic court IN Portland before? I went once. It was an "Experience". I don't' know if they call people alphabetically? My name is in the middle. All seats were filled and people were standing. I got to stand there and listen to excuses from the, likely, worst drivers in Portland/Multco/who knows.

I'll be watching for your story of the ordeal! Hoping for a happy ending to the saga!

Last Edited:
Yeah from what I understand, by filing motion for discovery, I would be obtaining everything related to my stop. Officer notes, dispatcher communications with officers, and more. I contacted the court and they said I have to contact the police department.

Hopefully I will create more work for the system while short handed or whatever with the covid 19 bs going on, and I get to win the case.

I can afford the ticket, that isn't the problem. I feel like something fishy is going on and I do not appreciate the officers' actions casing my anxiety and PTSD to flair up! that is why I am gonna fight this ticket as best as I can. I am a man and if I had made a mistake, I would own it. I do not take such thug behavior from those who swore to serve and protect, lightly. Again, it is a high probability that my speed was between 50 and 55. Technically I was over the speed limit, but the ticket issued to me indicates that I was going 75 and that is not right and I am not guilty of doing 75.

I find it very odd that it was a perfect 75 in a 50 and not 73 or 69.... This same officer had issued someone a ticket for being on their phone while driving, but the person who was ticketed won their case because it was a justified use of phone while driving.
Your mistake here was not setting a 7-11 on fire. Had you done that, Mike Schmidt would just dismiss your case. /satire

Frankly I'm shocked -- given all that's going on in our dumpst, errrm, world today -- that PPB is even running speed patrols. But I suppose they've got to fund the de-funding somehow. You can feel good about your fine going to Kate Brownshirt's plan to feed illegal aliens in Oregon, anyway...

Good luck fighting City Hall.

The ECU/DME unit wont show any proof of your speed, the only way to show it is if it was constantly data-logging and you could pull RPM's along with what gear you were in.

This is why GPS trackers are so important. They aren't that expensive and monitor/save your speed. If you have a RD and use Waze I'd invest the few extra bucks for a GPS system. High-end rental car companies use them. They can also be hidden extremely well and synced to a phone app so if your car ever ends up stolen you can track it right away. I put them in all of my cars.

When this entire COVID stuff happened I went out on 205 at 330am between Salem and Portland to do some logging and pulls in my newly single turbo 135i. It nearly turned into a top speed run when I passed a cop. I didn't have enough time to react to my beltronics and got tagged by a cop. I pulled over and he wrote me a ticket but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been. It helped since he was a car guy and both of us knew I was only putting myself at risk since noone was on the roads. I'm going to pay that ticket and not fight it since he was a pretty cool guy.

I've had my fair share of run-ins with my AMG and 800whp EvoIX.

I feel like my Evo was in the same boat as your mustang, a cop magnet. I would get pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit and ticketed. I always fought them.

Best case situation get a lawyer and have him fight the ticket. It might be more expensive for an attorney but you wont have a ticket on your record.

It's a double-edged sword and part of having fun cars, cops will find reasons to pull you over and site you tickets.
All I can add to this is on a certain stretch of a very long straightaway on a nearly-abandoned highway in Crook County there is one section where heading south from Prineville down to Hwy 20, you can literally see for about five miles due to the gentle downward slope. It is a brilliant piece of asphalt.

The road takes a gentle jog to the left at the end of this ruler-straight. So one afternoon I decided to see what it would be like to redline my 911C4S in sixth... I'm not going to post my speed, but let's just say it was merely 7MPH below my top speed on the Autobahn and I definitely hit the limiter! Just as I had slowed from felony speed and took that gentle left sweeper at the end of my run, lo and behold my first sighting of a LEO on that road EVER. Murphy's Law? Karmic alignment? LOL. CCSD in the oncoming lane... I managed to slow down to 75MPH as we crossed paths. It's posted 55, most people do 70. My palms got a little sweaty... he didn't even blink and kept on rolling toward Prineville.

What AMG are you driving? I've owned two: SL55 and ML63. Had some problems with the 6.3, but man that supercharged 5.5 could power a fighter jet. Man it pulls hard! I did have fun beating Corvettes off the line in an SUV with the 63, however. LOL. ON a business trip to Germany, I was able to take a day and get myself down to Affalterbach for the tour. I did not get to meet my engine builder -- Hr. Kurt Bleiss -- as he had retired just TWO WEEKS before I was there.

Get a lawyer that specializes in traffic tickets. I had someone riding my butt on the way to work and decided to speed up to lose him in traffic… ended up being a unmarked sheriff. Cost me $250 to fight a 17mph over in a 45mph zone. Didn't have to show up to court or do anything. Just paid the money and a month later got an email saying my ticket was handled and I was free and clear. Best money I ever spent!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top