JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spoke with the officer privately, he said if I take a class, provide a certificate within 90 days, everything will be dropped!

No fine, no ticket going on my record.

Now just waiting on the officer to talk to the judge.

Thank you Jesus!
We used to have Driving School in California. If you had no other infractions for the previous (I forget how many) years you could take the class and get it removed. The classes were run by private companies and ranged in price. Some included fancy dinners. I took the comedy one, which didn't cost any more than the standard one. Coincidentally it wasn't very funny. In fact the funniest part was when one of the guys from the class was showing off for the girls and dumped his bike in the parking lot. :rolleyes:
That's been my experience, sort of.

The class and certificate scenario(s) I endured in California and Oregon did include a fine, just like pleading guilty, plus paying for the class. The sole upside was that the ticket did not go onto my record, unless I got another within one year - in which case both would count - though I did not. You might want to research and actually verify what it sounded like the officer told you.

In San Diego, they offered various flavors of traffic ticket schools (or whatever you call them). One on a paddle-wheeler cruising back and forth across Mission Bay, another for singles, and the "comedy" one I attended - probably the same one Flopsweat took. Not even remotely amusing, in fact it was extra hard to take because I feel simmering annoyance with false advertising and pathetic failed attempts at "humor."

One characteristic they all share, in person and online, is that there is no getting through them quickly. The in-person instructors will tell you on night-one, "I am required to keep you for the mandatory 8 hours, so we will be here for 4 hours tonight and 4 more hours tomorrow night." When they cut it down to 3 hours on night-two, it feels like a prison pardon from the Governor. Online, when you answer a test question quickly, you'll sit there watching a timer tick away before it lets you move on to answer the next one. I believe that was a lot less than 8 hours, but it was still half a day on the laptop I could've knocked out in an hour or two without the electronic penalty-box.

There's one thing I finally did to quit getting frequent tickets and paying for those classes. I sold this and got something else.

530i.jpg

Last Edited:
Spoke with the officer privately, he said if I take a class, provide a certificate within 90 days, everything will be dropped!

No fine, no ticket going on my record.

Now just waiting on the officer to talk to the judge.

Thank you Jesus!
So you weren't doing what you were ticketed for, and all is great because you get to take a class with a bunch of actual speeders that more than likely really put people lives in danger. Sounds like you're still getting screwed? And I can't help but think about the thousands of criminals that are out walking/driving the streets because our city has turned into a crap hole and most other laws just don't apply any more.
{shakes head}

Newsflash, 91% of you who think you are innocent, couldn't have possibly committed the infraction, the officer made a mistake! Was indeed 100% guilty.

Sorry, but you weren't paying attention and got caught. Really is that simple. I worked in the judical system for years, even did a short stint in traffic court, heck I am a multiple offender myself. And yeah, officers do make mistakes, but the vast majority of the time it was the driver making the bad decision.

Newsflash, 91% of you who think you are innocent, couldn't have possibly committed the infraction, the officer made a mistake! Was indeed 100% guilty.

Sorry, but you weren't paying attention and got caught. Really is that simple. I worked in the judical system for years, even did a short stint in traffic court, heck I am a multiple offender myself. And yeah, officers do make mistakes, but the vast majority of the time it was the driver making the bad decision.
I'm glad you left 9% for me to be included in! Thank you! :s0112:

But then it's probably been just over 40 years since I received a ticket. Two of them before that. One on Hwy 1 in Cali in 1984. And the other on Hwy 150 just over the border from Utah into Wyoming in, I'd guess, 1978.
Oh yeah. I was guilty as hell, both times.

I absolutely depise red light and photo radar.

But sooooo many people came into court saying I am not guilty! There is no way I ran the red light, or there is no way I was speeding. I haven't gotten a ticket in decades!!!!!

Even when you review the footage with them, clearly it was them behind the wheel, clearly it was them running the red light, not yellow, but solid red. And still the response was NO WAY! Not possible!

My all time was favorite was a gentleman who was caught on photo radar going twice the speed limit, the video clearly showed him passing everyone else at a high rate of speed, clearly identified him and his vehicle. Again it was the usual, no way I was not speeding! No way it was me! Must be a mistake! Not possible! But as we watched the video, it clearly showed it was him, it also showed he was messing around on his phone. This was an easy guilty sentence, no traffic school for him. He had the option before coming to court, should have taken it!

And yes, there were occasional innocent people, but you had to shovel through so much bull crap, everyone looked guilty at first.

Last Edited:
I live in potland. I feel ya'! What blows me away? For one, or two. Someone who signals a turn before they let of the gas or put on the brake. And if they move to the side of their turn? Oh My GOD! It makes my whole day better knowing that I've had the pleasure of witnessing someone who follows the rules of the road! I've given up on things like two cars coming to a four-way stop at the same time. I just stop and go. Paying attention of course, in case the person on the right goes like he's supposed to.

So you weren't doing what you were ticketed for, and all is great because you get to take a class with a bunch of actual speeders that more than likely really put people lives in danger. Sounds like you're still getting screwed? And I can't help but think about the thousands of criminals that are out walking/driving the streets because our city has turned into a crap hole and most other laws just don't apply any more.
{shakes head}
So while I was waiting my turn, I was listening to other cases. They had a few that were over 100 mph, and also street racers.
The judge was calm and imposed the fines etc. I believe there was one guy that had to pay his fine and was suspended.

As far as my situation, I was going 53 in a 50, got accused of doing 75, I fought it or tried to. So the officer that issued the ticket offered me a deal and the deal was to take the UTURN180 class online. It's free to take and I have 90 days to show proof of completion etc.

So I take a free class online, show proof that I passed, then the ticket is dropped. No record on my license and no fines..... As if it never happened.

But to be honest, I was speeding. I was going 53 in a 50 zone. I'm just glad it's over with because it's not cool being accused of doing something you didn't do, specially when you have two cops on your behind.

Brother, go drive on 26 now days and see how fast people drive. Yes, legally I was speeding and I take full responsibility for it. But! I was only 3 miles over the posted limit lol. Roads were dry, visibility was good, traffic was .... Well, like North Korea lol.... There were only a handful of cars. This is April of 2020, covid pandemic was fresh and people were freaking out (I was too, to a point).

I was in the right lane, chilling, driving responsibly. But yes, technically I was speeding. But to pay $270 for going 3 miles over the limit? Not cool.

I was prepared to plea guilty to 53 if the officer and I were gonna face the judge. But the officer was cool, he and I spoke several times (off the record) when we were on duty (at work), so he had a good idea I was getting shafted, so I think lol. I told the officer I had my Valentine1, and that the first officer never lasered me.

Bottom line, I am a lot more aware now, I haven't hand a speeding ticket in over 12 years, and I will continue to be a good driver. I drive a 4 cylinder Camry now lol, the Ford is gone.

I absolutely depise red light and photo radar.

But sooooo many people came into court saying I am not guilty! There is no way I ran the red light, or there is no way I was speeding. I haven't gotten a ticket in decades!!!!!

Even when you review the footage with them, clearly it was them behind the wheel, clearly it was them running the red light, not yellow, but solid red. And still the response was NO WAY! Not possible!

My all time was favorite was a gentleman who was caught on photo radar going twice the speed limit, the video clearly showed him passing everyone else at a high rate of speed, clearly identified him and his vehicle. Again it was the usual, no way I was not speeding! No way it was me! Must be a mistake! Not possible! But as we watched the video, it clearly showed it was him, it also showed he was messing around on his phone. This was an easy guilty sentence, no traffic school for him. He had the option before coming to court, should have taken it!

And yes, there were occasional innocent people, but you had to shovel through so much bull crap, everyone looked guilty at first.
I think it was a stupid TV show from many years ago (don't remember the name), but this one guy had it in for another guy who was running for some local office. He goes out and finds a car identical to the one driven by the other guy, and borrows the plates off his car for a couple hours.

He gets a buddy who does movie special effects to make up his face and hair to look like the other guy, from a distance. He goes out late at night and blows through every red light camera in town, with a joint in one hand and a whiskey bottle in the other, and a hooker with her face in his lap.

The victim of this terrible hoax had no explanation that ANYONE would buy…

I have been very lucky, having 3 ultra high performance cars, I have yet to get a speeding ticket, despite the numerous times I have exceeded the posted limit!
Any one of those times would have likely cost me that car and time in the clink, so i'm lucky!

Got super close one time, buzzin south on the 5, it always backs up before Wilsonville and I was gettin pizzed having to sit there with the temps creepin up and all the stupid people, so it opens up and bit and I punched it HARD, like all 5 gears from about 5 mph to 150 in seconds, got to the rest area and there was a trooper sittin there on the off ramp! Lucky me, he must have been asleep of something!

I have been very lucky, having 3 ultra high performance cars, I have yet to get a speeding ticket, despite the numerous times I have exceeded the posted limit!
Any one of those times would have likely cost me that car and time in the clink, so i'm lucky!

Got super close one time, buzzin south on the 5, it always backs up before Wilsonville and I was gettin pizzed having to sit there with the temps creepin up and all the stupid people, so it opens up and bit and I punched it HARD, like all 5 gears from about 5 mph to 150 in seconds, got to the rest area and there was a trooper sittin there on the off ramp! Lucky me, he must have been asleep of something!
Get a good radar detector and a laser jammer lol. You can't jam radar but that's fine because the sneaky buttholes like to laser anyway. My Valentine1 has been good to me, and it's not even the newest model.

went to court and the judge socket it to me, told me I should know better by being in the military and driving a sports car, I didn't get out of nothing,
30 years ago was before the "Thank you for your service" era. Sojers and sailors were common and easy victims of local area law enforcement. You could be a sailor in Long Beach, CA or a sojer at Fort Lost in the Woods, Missouri, plus the double sin of out-of-state plates, you were raw meat for Boss Hogg.

the amount of Justice someone receives is sometime based upon the thickness of their wallet.
Pretty much amen to this. Same comment applies to murder. If you're rich, you stand a good chance of beating it. Prison is full of poor murderers.

They had a few that were over 100 mph, and also street racers.
Your ticket dated back to May 2020. Those guys going over 100 mph, their cases might've dated that far back as well. During the early Covid virus thing, I remember seeing some of them jetting down the freeway, all over the lanes due to light traffic.

Trouble is, some of that urge to careless, excessive speed during Covid is lingering.

I echo the idea that I've deserved hundreds of infraction citations but have gotten very few. Last one was over 20 years ago and it was richly deserved. Speeding in a school zone. As soon as I saw the motor officer come out onto the road, I pulled over, no lights or siren required. I told him, "You got me fair and square." He must've checked his computer, came back to my car and said, "I see you have a clean record. Do you know about the deferred infraction prograom?" Which he didn't have to do. The deferred infraction thing in WA is, you pay a reduced court admin. fee, keep a clean record for a year, the infration goes away and doesn't become part of your record. You are a little nervous for a year. No rtraffic school, or at least not at that time.

Most of the time, I'm driving an old Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Victoria. Both well-known geezer cars. Very low profile.

I got away with so much in my 20's I just take the ticket now. I'm pretty sure the two unwritten warnings I've gotten in the last 20 years have been because I just accept the fact that I'm getting a ticket and try to be nice.

So while I was waiting my turn, I was listening to other cases. They had a few that were over 100 mph, and also street racers.
The judge was calm and imposed the fines etc. I believe there was one guy that had to pay his fine and was suspended.

As far as my situation, I was going 53 in a 50, got accused of doing 75, I fought it or tried to. So the officer that issued the ticket offered me a deal and the deal was to take the UTURN180 class online. It's free to take and I have 90 days to show proof of completion etc.

So I take a free class online, show proof that I passed, then the ticket is dropped. No record on my license and no fines..... As if it never happened.

But to be honest, I was speeding. I was going 53 in a 50 zone. I'm just glad it's over with because it's not cool being accused of doing something you didn't do, specially when you have two cops on your behind.
I'm glad you don't have to pay anything for their stoopid class.

I have an issue with the person intimating you actually were going 73 mph. Out on the open road I could understand someone not realizing how fast they were going. And MAYBE getting up to 73 in a 55. I'd never do that because i'm always aware of my speed. But others may. Going down that hill, which I have done hundreds of times, is a place you ARE aware of your speed because of the curves, being down hill heading to the tunnel, and narrow lanes. You have to be, it's not a lazy drive in the country. For those reasons I know you weren't one of "Those" types referenced above.

I'm glad you don't have to pay anything for their stoopid class.

I have an issue with the person intimating you actually were going 73 mph. Out on the open road I could understand someone not realizing how fast they were going. And MAYBE getting up to 73 in a 55. I'd never do that because i'm always aware of my speed. But others may. Going down that hill, which I have done hundreds of times, is a place you ARE aware of your speed because of the curves, being down hill heading to the tunnel, and narrow lanes. You have to be, it's not a lazy drive in the country. For those reasons I know you weren't one of "Those" types referenced above.
Radar guns can display false readings for any number of reasons. I know that operator error used to be a big factor several years ago.

I always remember the magazine cover of a motorcycle mag back in the 90's, picture of a radar/laser (don't remember which) pointed at a Fireblade on it's side stand, something like 40MPH showing on the gun.

Most of the time, I'm driving an old Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Victoria. Both well-known geezer cars. Very low profile.
Another good addition is an old man hat or a golfer hat. My buddy called them "Oh Chit hats". You spot one of them and you know its an old geezer and you think "Oh Chit whats he gonna do now".

Another good addition is an old man hat or a golfer hat. My buddy called them "Oh Chit hats". You spot one of them and you know its an old geezer and you think "Oh Chit whats he gonna do now".
Oh yeah. Before I started upgrading to Ford Panther platform cars in 2005, I drove other, older Geezer Fords. I still have one, my station wagon. But I often drove a 1972 Ford Custom 500 sedan, that's the big one with no chrome on the side. For many years, I drove a plain, base model 1966 Ford Fairlane four door sedan (ex-city gas dept. vehicle). For a long time I had a rotating day off job bid. On my day off, I used to drive around with my disabled pal John Vacca, who was always off. We'd tool around on errands in one of these cars. People would get up close behind me, then zoom around on the left. I'd say something like, "John, what's the matter with these people?" He'd say, "They don't like to drive behind Geezer cars." And it's the truth, there is profiling of drivers by other drivers. They will risk getting in an accident to get ahead of you. It's not necessarily a matter of how far ahead, just anywhere ahead. They also may not care how fast they are going, so long as it's fast-ER. Even if it's from one red light to the next.

When I'm driving in town, I often do it in such a way as to time the lights. When I see a red light ahead, I start coasting. By now, on some stretches of road I know about what speed is best for hitting the most lights green. I think some drivers don't understand this. They like to get to any intersection as quickly as possible, whatever the color of the signal showing. To many drivers, the accelerator pedal is an OFF-ON switch, without any moderation of application between the two extremes. As our population continues to grow and traffic gets heavier, this makes less and less sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top