JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The IOT is not ready.

Motherboard - Researchers Hack Car Infotainment System and Find Sensitive User Data Inside ... contacts, call logs, text messages and other information from paired phones was stored unencrypted.

Opinion | The fourth industrial revolution is upon us

Technological disruption in the 21st century is different. Societies had years to adapt to change driven by the steam engine, electricity and the computer. Today, change is instant and ubiquitous. It arrives digitally across the globe all at once.

Governments at all levels on all continents are suddenly waking up to how social media and other forms of algorithms and artificial intelligence have raced beyond their control or even awareness. (See the Trump campaign and Russia, 2016, for one example.)

This realization that American lives are on the cusp of technological disruptions even more sweeping than those of the past decade was driven home to me by being part of a research project on technology and governance at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University this year. "Autonomous" (i.e., driverless) cars, the cloud, and swarming drones that deliver goods to your doorstep or transform naval and ground war-fighting strategy are well-known concepts. But the reality that they are breathing down my — and your — neck came as something of a surprise.

Continued at the link above ^

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/self_driving_car_milestones.png

self_driving_car_milestones.png

AIs Won't Command Us to Obey. They Will Seduce Us. | Bill Frezza

This goes beyond the hundreds of millions of hours that Facebook's algorithms have already seduced people into devoting to cat videos and never-Trump rants, all so we can be rewarded like Pavlov's dogs. (Have I reached a million likes yet? I must be special.) Think about that sweet voice giving you driving directions. She doesn't command you to take a right turn here and a left turn there. But as she gets smarter about things like traffic jams and speed traps, we get more inclined to do what she says without second-guessing.

Are 3D printed guns in our near future either as parts or whole guns? I think they are(probably sooner than you think or want) but it brings up a lot of questions. As the technology improves and becomes easier the price will come down to a level that is more affordable, more people will buy it. Like what happens when the criminal element gets a hold of the technology and no doubt they will. Gun control would not work except for the law abiding people who obey the laws if the organized crime element starts cranking out printed guns right and left. And I don't even want to think about the terrorist element either cranking out guns, bombs or buying them from organized crime. A whole new set of problems to figure out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top