JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That does seem dubious. I can imagine the question was phrased such as "Do you have a place to call home?"

The student, who is rooming with 4 others in a 2 bedroom apartment checks "no" because they don't consider this to be a "home."

"Are you able to buy enough food to satisfy you?"

Answer:. "No, I would really like that steak and lobster but only get the top ramen."

Thus, by the survey, they are homeless and starved :rolleyes:

I constantly read about starving children in the school system. It's interesting because these types of surveys of K-12 students were used to justify having both breakfast, snack, and lunch provided by the school district. Problem is, if you ask ANYBODY, much less a child, if they have been hungry in the last month or whatever and you're going to get a YES... For example, even tho I have enough food, I get hungry right before every meal! Imagine that!!!

It has gotten so bad that some parents are not buying enough food for their kiddos, and instead spend their $$ on booze, ciggies, soda, etc. It's self-perpetuating... if you build it, they will come. What's next, dinner at school too???

Hope Center for College, Community and Justice. The name of that organization has an activist sound to it, huh?

The agenda is to have as much nanny state as possible. Free tuition, free books, free dorms, free meals. Ain none of it free to the taxpayer!!

Wonder where the tent cities all these homeless students live in? They sure aren't on any CC campuses where they would be close to sympathetic resources and have some security.

^^^ This! It seems highly unlikely that sleeping in a car is allowed in campus parking lots. I can remember when people were not allowed to sleep in their cars on city streets because it is unsafe.

I have been back to College twice and both times I watched as many wasted the time and money. I no way believe that many are homeless. I am sure a lot of them are wasting time and money though. They take students loans to take classes that have no value. Then when working at the coffee shop whine about the loans they took out.

This reminds me... the worthless wife of my worthless grandson, who is now separated and sleeping in his car, is 3rd generation welfare queen. She kept telling my worthless grandson that she didn't want him to work because could get, and were getting, all they needed from the "safety net". But she got preggers with the twins, giving them a total of 4 kiddos, and he still wouldn't get a job. So she started taking out student loans to the tune of $24k plus per year. Now owing over $84k in student loans. She did get a degree in Biz Admin, but still won't go to work. Neither of them. :mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
I have been back to College twice and both times I watched as many wasted the time and money. I no way believe that many are homeless. I am sure a lot of them are wasting time and money though. They take students loans to take classes that have no value. Then when working at the coffee shop whine about the loans they took out.

They can always get jobs as Congressmen, I mean Congresspersons, I mean Not Necessarily Binary Congressentities (but only if they got second place in a High School science fair for stuff and things they researched on Wikipedia and made a really, really neat poster)

A front page article that ran in the Seattle Times on Wednesday, Feb. 26 informed readers of the following:

1. About 1 in 5 students at Washington community colleges are homeless.

2. About 40% of these students were going hungry.

I just find this absurdly unbelievable.

This was based on research done by #Real College Survey, led by Hope Center for College, Community and Justice at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. The article said the survey is based on information supplied by students taking the survey. Link to article:

Quit reading woketard news, my best customer has 5000sgft house, 3 acres on the river with a pool and tennis court, 2 rental houses, 2 porsches in the garage, a new diesel duramax and a fairly new mercedes suv and she thinks they are average to middle class:rolleyes:. Id say the people in the study are out of touch with reality and homeless like they live with mom but dont own their own home, and smoke pot so are always hungry.

This was addressed in the article. Their definition of homeless was sleeping somewhere outside, in a car or at a shelter. Which makes it that much more unbelievable that one in five are truly living on the streets and going to CC.

I think expectations are different now, in our spoiled society. How many of the older generation here remember being starving college students back in the day, living on Ramen noodles? Nobody's supposed to struggle and go without nowadays.

I don't mind helping the single mom who struggles to hold things together, or the elderly or disabled; people who legitimately need some help. But able bodied young people who might have to go without some of the finer things in life for a bit, while they're getting an education and finding their place in the world? Let them struggle; it builds character.

I slept in the back of my pickup for about a week while looking for a place to rent when I went to my second year of college. The idea was to save money and not spend it on a hotel. I did spend one night in a hotel so I could take a shower and sleep on a bed. I wasn't homeless, I was just trying to save money.

Why does a school in Pennsylvania do a survey on students in Washington State? Did they have some extra federal grant $$ to travel (on a paid vacation) that far away? I guess that Pennsylvania has solved their homelessness and hunger problems already.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top