JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finally done did it. I ordered a Steyr AUG with the NATO stock today. I have become a "tad bit" of a trigger snob and have heard all the horror stories to accompany the AUG and most bullpups alike. I have seen a few different options out there... Do you or have you fired a AUG with any of the "upgrades"?

I have wanted one of these since first ever seeing one as a kid, I have many other Steyrs and want this to finish out my horde... Well until my next one gets finished being built. I am hell bent on making myself LOVE this gun, I hope I am not disappointed.

I'm truly jealous. Same thing as you, wanted one for years for no particular reason except i just want one.

Keep us posted on your trigger progress. If you made good improvements it may sway me to finally pull the proverbial trigger.

Got my AUG today. Fired about 200 rounds. The trigger is HEAVY but not near as mushy or with as much creep as expected. As I make "improvements" I'll post.

I actually really like the stupid thing and considering another for the wife while there so cheap.
Congrats on the bullpup :)
I just got a Tavor and while the trigger feels heavy dry firing, it's not so bad at the range IMO

I didn't see anything about Geissele making something for the Steyr..?

addition #1 --->Neutrigger! http://www.neu-trigger.com

addition #2 --->20" barrel (don't expect zero to stay the same as the 16"brl.)
http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/augusrparts.html

addition #3 ---->Aimpoint T2

Steyr Mags awesome, sorry you stayed with NATO :( still. you will want another soon enough LOL.

I will probably tinker with the Neu-Trigger or one or the other band aid fixes until I can get my hands on a Ratworks complete drop in.

I do want a "target barrel" for it eventually. Dang they are spendy!

I debated on what version I wanted, I didn't want to add another type of magazine to the mix. I have no problems with AR mags. I could have saved a little money getting a original version though.

Want to follow up and see what your take is now that you've owned am aug for a month.

Still happy with it?

How did the mods turn out?

I'm right on the edge of taking this plunge as well so any feedback is appreciated.

I frickin love it. Trigger is tolerable but I will work on it eventually. I did already change out the dumb bubblegum charging handle. I put a gear head billet one on it and love it. Just buy one already. The burden on the check book was gone in a week and I want another just to put away. I don't for see them ever being this cheap again. I also happened to get a crazy awesome serial number on it by chance.
Did I mention I love my AUG?.....

Do it...!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews