JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been wanting to make youtube gun videos forever, I finally have the time and a place to shoot on my property so I've been making some. I don't have any illusions of getting rich or famous from it, I just enjoy making videos and shooting so combining them has been fun. So far it's been an eclectic mix, Sites Spectre, Tec 9, FN FNC, and DPM. I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to check them out, and if you wanted give me some constructive criticism that'd be appreciated too.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just giving info on a gun that people have probably already heard on bigger channels, so I should just stick to shooting footage. I also like talking about the guns, so it's been tough to balance. Thanks ahead of time if you're willing to check out my channel!

i'm happy to check it out if it helps a local boy…

i'd be REALLY happy to check it out if you don't start all your vids with some variation of:
- hey guys!
- what's up?
or some such thing.

seriously, best of luck in your craft.

:)

edit: i think i sounded like a grumpy boomer there for a moment. so, "get off my lawn"

i'm happy to check it out if it helps a local boy…

i'd be REALLY happy to check it out if you don't start all your vids with some variation of:
- hey guys!
- what's up?
or some such thing.

seriously, best of luck in your craft.

:)

edit: i think i sounded like a grumpy boomer there for a moment. so, "get off my lawn"
For me it's 17,000 action/slide safety checks.
One, MAYBE two racks to ensure clear is all that is needed.. and even then I dislike when folks feel obligated to show clear for an audience miles and miles away as if it matters.

So I watched how bad the the tec 9 sucked video. Your shooting at metal target up close with no eye protection and I dont see ear muffs so here is hoping you have ear plugs. No eye protection is not safe. Others will copy your behavior because they dont know better. This is not what they should be doing.

So I watched how bad the the tec 9 sucked video. Your shooting at metal target up close with no eye protection and I dont see ear muffs so here is hoping you have ear plugs. No eye protection is not safe. Others will copy your behavior because they dont know better. This is not what they should be doing.
Real men squint for eye protection, that's what we did in the Army back in the 80's & 90's and I have 20/15 vision… well had 20/15.

I've aged and am down to 20/20. :cool:

Last Edited:
It's probably good to not plan on getting rich off it.
Firearm related... it's more likely than not YT will demonitize and slap a "viewer discretion" button on it. ;)

Good luck with your endeavor!

Real men squint for eye protection, that's what we did in the Army back in the 80's & 90's and I have 20/15 vision… well had 20/15.

I've aged and am down to 20/20. :cool:
I dont remember using shooting glasses in the service either but it appears they do now

Best of luck to you! I don't make much off my YT channel, but it's fun and it brings me some spending money each month. I really wish they'd change their stance on 2a related content. Most of my gun videos get demonetized quickly.

You may have better luck with monetization by also posting your videos to Rumble, they are not as strict on 2A content as youtube and it is a growing platform. Make content and have fun! I just started my channel last month and I am still getting the hang of it. its more commentary but I do plan on having 2A content as well.

It's just opinion but too many youtube folks talk to much. They want to be a personality or an influencer and it just waste people's time. I prefer a technical video if you want to talk guns with a small amount of actual shooting.

Too many guys post a "hey watch me shoot my gun video". It's like a guy that says watch me play this video game, I don't enjoy watching unless it's really informative.

I have a new video on a semi auto Madsen lmg. It's a really interesting design and I try to present the info in a fun way. It'd mean a lot if anyone would like to check it out!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top