JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a guy who has worked the graveyard shift for the majority of the last ten years, I can tell you, I consume at least two Absolute Zero (no calories) Monsters, sometimes three a night. That is in addition to bottomless coffee pot I keep brewed in my office for myself and my crew.

Yeah, yeah, I get the incessant finger wagging for my bad habits but I don't drink, smoke or have any other vices aside from my AR hobby. Fudge pack the naysayers. I like my Monsters and all the copulating liberal media can go to hell blaming energy drinks for the woes of the world and all the children they kill. Natural selection.

I seriously believe that most cases where they blame energy drinks for deaths, there were probably pre-existing conditions or other causal factors at play.

So sick of the media hype over this....

As a guy who has worked the graveyard shift for the majority of the last ten years, I can tell you, I consume at least two Absolute Zero (no calories) Monsters, sometimes three a night. That is in addition to bottomless coffee pot I keep brewed in my office for myself and my crew.

Yeah, yeah, I get the incessant finger wagging for my bad habits but I don't drink, smoke or have any other vices aside from my AR hobby. Fudge pack the naysayers. I like my Monsters and all the copulating liberal media can go to hell blaming energy drinks for the woes of the world and all the children they kill. Natural selection.

I seriously believe that most cases where they blame energy drinks for deaths, there were probably pre-existing conditions or other causal factors at play.

So sick of the media hype over this....

F***in' A.

I don't drink, smoke, or use illicit drugs. My only other vice (besides ARs) is RedBull... But it's a bad one. I have adult ADD and I have to drink one(or 3) to focus. Believe it or not if I can't sleep I drink a redbull and pass right out.

I don't drink, smoke, or use illicit drugs. My only other vice (besides ARs) is RedBull... But it's a bad one. I have adult ADD and I have to drink one(or 3) to focus. Believe it or not if I can't sleep I drink a redbull and pass right out.

I've heard that caffeine has that effect on hyperactive people too. Personally, Red Bull tastes like piss to me but to each their own.

I guess I should also add that aside from living clean, like you, I am also an avid health nut that powerlifted competitively up until about five years ago. I still train 4 days a week but no more competing because of time constraints. Also an avid runner. Ultrarunner for awhile. My pinnacle was a 50 miler I ran in 2014 where I placed 13th overall and third in my age group. I was 49 then. Ran the 50 mile in 9 hours 52 minutes.

I've heard that caffeine has that effect on hyperactive people too. Personally, Red Bull tastes like piss to me but to each their own.

I guess I should also add that aside from living clean, like you, I am also an avid health nut that powerlifted competitively up until about five years ago. I still train 4 days a week but no more competing because of time constraints. Also an avid runner. Ultrarunner for awhile. My pinnacle was a 50 miler I ran in 2014 where I placed 13th overall and third in my age group. I was 49 then. Ran the 50 mile in 9 hours 52 minutes.
Yep, my son has ADHD and caffeine has the opposite effect on him also. He has a Coca Cola every morning and maintains a 4.0 with perfect attendance at school.
I've tried all the other EDrinks and there is no substitute for me. I love the taste of redbull.. it tastes like liquid "Smarties" candy IMO. To each his own indeed.

there-in lies the problem....

every"body" is different, some people can smoke all their life and never get lung cancer, others will get it. The problem with energy drinks is the marketing... "energy" is a myth like "stopping power" is in ammo.... except ammo makers are ethical and don't sell their ammo based on "stopping power". So people are sold on the idea that "energy" drinks will give them energy, when they don't. Thats where the problem lies.

Water is better.
5dac3b3169998367007b7f33255f3a42.jpg

Ah, I have vices. I like nicotine (although I've all but ditched tobacco) and I like beer. I don't try to hide behind some wall or pretend like I don't. But...energy drinks in general taste so bad and that gritty texture sets off my gag reflex. I've consumed maybe 1 entire Redbull my entire life, a few sips of Monster and I've sniffed a 5 Hour Energy once. We all have vices. And pretty much everything causes cancer. Bottled water, barbecue, cleaning products, canned food and most everything else. Thank the system for "engineering" ways to keep up with the population. It's really tough not to consume, come in contact with or breathe something that contains carcinogens. It's all what's in your genes really.

Shooting guns exposes all of us to many carcinogens. Just sayin.

But..but, Rockstar doesn't contain alcohol so it MUST be better for you. Always cracks me up when people walk around in a drug-induced coma because a "doctor" prescribed it. It's MEDICINE right??

Now if you drink beer with any regularity, you're a drunk that belongs in AA. :rolleyes:

Caffeine is the most addictive drug on the planet. by saying I don't drink or smoke, I wasn't trying to throw shade on those that do... I used to do both myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to say I used to drink caffeine. As a prepper that scares me. When SHTF coffee will be worth its weight in gold... more so than liquor or cigarettes IMO. Best to stock up on all wether you need them for yourself or not. If they stopped making them, and you haven't had them for weeks, what would you give for a can of Folgers and a carton of Marbs?

Last Edited:
I think younger people have less tolerance, but it still depends on the individual.

I drink a lot of coffee and occassionally go for a lemonade rockstar. I used to drink a lot of energy drinks and have tried to cut back and stick with coffee.

Energy drinks are bad for you, no matter how you cut it. It's all chemicals. No different than soda.

Caffiene killed that kid, but it was due to his ignorance.
Anything in moderation can be healthy

Wow! Must be nice, if I drank two mugs of coffee I'd never sleep again!
I have sleep issues and I'm very sensitive to caffeine, so, one a day, early enough in the morning! :( And, dang it, I love coffee! :mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top