JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They were all due to preexisting conditions. It sounds heartless, but it was darwinism running its course.
Weak genes.. But its easier to blame products and corporations to get a big fat, unnecessary pay day.

I work when most "normal people" are sleeping. When I was leaving one job and going to another I took to taking one of those 5 hour little bottles. It did help. Some of the kids I work with always had those Monster and Rock Star. Tried one and it does work. Most tasted horrible. I finally found some I like. One kid told me they had too much sugar, I should go with the sugar free. Tried a bunch and hated them all. I drink one a night at work. The sugar is what makes them taste good to me. When i'm off for days or a week I never have one, don't seem to think about it even though there's some in the fridge. At this point in life I've shocked many that i'm still alive considering the insane stuff I did when "young". I figure what the hell. I eat what I like and drink what I like. So far Doc keeps telling me I seem to be doing well. I have zero doubt there are some who should avoid these things and I also have no doubt that like most anything they can be over done.

On the news tonight a 15-year-old in the Portland area overdosed from caffeine. I entitle this: "how to thin the herd in one easy lesson".

Oh, well.

I read a while back they were going after outlawing pure caffeine powder for this reason. some shops were selling it and some kids were taking the stuff to stay up and it did have the potential to really screw up and even kill. Like you I looked at it as Darwin Award winners.

I was taught and learned long ago when I was a kid ... That the misuse of anything can be harmful , dangerous or even cause death.

Just how difficult is it to teach that lesson nowadays?!

Too much of anything can be bad for ya ... Just don't quote me on that with muzzle loading firearms. :D
Andy

Last Edited:
While I don't think energy drinks are to blame, I still won't drink them ever again.

Have way more energy after cutting out energy drink and sodas anyways. Hard to sleep with the extra energy though.

I'm thankful for you who drink Monster energy because you fund Supercross and those who drink Red Bull for helping Team KTM rise to the top of the heap.

And for those who drink Rockstar...so the owner of the company can buy his dad (Michael Savage) and nice Ferrari that he didnt need.

:D

One diet rock star for breakfast.
Another on the drive to work.
Cup of coffee at my 8 AM staff meeting.
Rock Star at 4 PM when I get home
Cup of coffee around 5.
6 pack of beer Wednesday or Thursday ( depends on booty schedule. Wife wont give it up if Ive been drinking ) .

I fully expect to live forever.

Diet drinks are horrible for you! aspertame is a poison that kills brain cells by stimulating them to death. Drinking diet drinks does nothing to prevent giaining weight, nor does it help you loose it.
My Son has a metabolic condition called PKU that keeps him from being able to process phenylalanine. We call it phe for short. He has been on a special diet since he was born and is perfectly healthy, but there is some phe in most protine so he's never tried meat of any kind, or dairy, or 99% of any other menu. nutrasweet=aspertame=phe. If somebody with PKU consumes phe it builds up in the brain causing damage and even death. People that consume a lot of aspertame can get dangerous phe levels in their brain. It made a bunch of Gulf War vets sick as well.
THE CASE FOR ASPARTAME DISEASE BEING GULF WAR ILLNESS, LOU GEHRIGS

I remember when we sprayed the jungles of Vietnam with Rockstar energy drink. All the Vietcong came out of their holes and karaokeed themselves to death. true story

Be careful. They say that stressing your bones and joints a bit is good for you. As a matter of fact, all I used to shoot was Winchester white box 115gr 9mm for years and years.
Well, when I shot off a magazine of my carry loads not so long ago, some +p's, the bones in my hands and wrists were reduced to powder.. so be careful.

not really

I remember when we sprayed the jungles of Vietnam with Rockstar energy drink. All the Vietcong came out of their holes and karaokeed themselves to death. true story
Ok, I'd like to know what you're drinking today so I can go get some. :D

Diet drinks are horrible for you! aspertame is a poison that kills brain cells by stimulating them to death. Drinking diet drinks does nothing to prevent giaining weight, nor does it help you loose it.
My Son has a metabolic condition called PKU that keeps him from being able to process phenylalanine. We call it phe for short. He has been on a special diet since he was born and is perfectly healthy, but there is some phe in most protine so he's never tried meat of any kind, or dairy, or 99% of any other menu. nutrasweet=aspertame=phe. If somebody with PKU consumes phe it builds up in the brain causing damage and even death. People that consume a lot of aspertame can get dangerous phe levels in their brain. It made a bunch of Gulf War vets sick as well.
THE CASE FOR ASPARTAME DISEASE BEING GULF WAR ILLNESS, LOU GEHRIGS

Vaccines cause autism and jerking off causes hairy palms.

I'm sure there are people with sensitivities to everything under the sun. I do know I used to drink a lot of coke. A LOT. I switched to diet soda and los 15 lbs almost immediately.

Ok, I'd like to know what you're drinking today so I can go get some. :D
koolaidman.gif

Vaccines cause autism and jerking off causes hairy palms.

I'm sure there are people with sensitivities to everything under the sun. I do know I used to drink a lot of coke. A LOT. I switched to diet soda and los 15 lbs almost immediately.
I had an uncle that wanted to disprove the third rail theory.. yep, he dead.. electrocuted.

I used to work at a coffee roasting plant. I'd drag into work at 5 AM and start drinking coffee. By 1 PM or so I'd have downed 7-8 cups ( 12-16 OZ ) of strong black coffee ( The good stuff. Straight light roast Colombian ) and a couple or 3 turbo truffles from the minit mart. I'd stop when my chest started hurting. On the way home i'd have to take a ferry across the sound to where I lived on Kitsap. Sometimes I dont even remember driving onto the boat. I'd be out like a light. Invariably someone would have to honk their horn to wake me.
Went to the doctor once and he asked how much coffee I drank. I told him maybe 1/2 gallon a day. He said he'd never heard anyone express how much coffee they drank in percentages of a gallon. "What? I cut back ! "

50 YO and still healthy as a horse.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads