JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Death from caffeine overdose is well documented and not uncommon.
There was one in the news just yesterday.
Everything in moderation.
Personally I wouldn't touch an energy drink and I drink one or two cups of coffee a day.
If I constantly needed "a boost" I would review my eating and sleeping habits and/or see a doctor.
This stuff isn't health food.

You can actually die from chugging too much water...
If you chug too much in a short time it can kill you. Its not often, its probably not often you chug a lethal amount of water in a short time. This is because it can take too much sodium out of your blood.

But that's different from drinking it regularly.

I have a middle ground opinion on this subject, I dont think they should be banned or anything but they shouldnt be allowed to market them as "energy drinks" if they are...

If they are then they certainly can be blamed for any deaths or illness.

I have a middle ground opinion on this subject, I dont think they should be banned or anything but they shouldnt be allowed to market them as "energy drinks" if they are...

If they are then they certainly can be blamed for any deaths or illness.
I find that they do the opposite of what they are called. A can of NOS or two always made me more tired when I worked as a cart pusher. The free gatorade (that I rarely drank since the POS cashiers kept taking them) never helped either. I just kept to water for the most part. But the NOS and gatorades did a better job of washing the sweat taste away.

So the fact that they market themselves as an energy drink comes off as false advertisement to me.

One diet rock star for breakfast.
Another on the drive to work.
Cup of coffee at my 8 AM staff meeting.
Rock Star at 4 PM when I get home
Cup of coffee around 5.
6 pack of beer Wednesday or Thursday ( depends on booty schedule. Wife wont give it up if Ive been drinking ) .

I fully expect to live forever.
You'll be sliding in to death with speed!

I drink two cups of coffee that is pretty that is pretty much it. Sometime on Sunday, I make millionaires coffee.

Add the following alcohol:

1 shot of Bailey's Irish Cream
1 shot of Kahlua
1 shot of Frangelico Liqueur

What ever room is left in the cup add freshly brewed coffee. :)

I used to work at a coffee roasting plant. I'd drag into work at 5 AM and start drinking coffee. By 1 PM or so I'd have downed 7-8 cups ( 12-16 OZ ) of strong black coffee ( The good stuff. Straight light roast Colombian ) and a couple or 3 turbo truffles from the minit mart. I'd stop when my chest started hurting. On the way home i'd have to take a ferry across the sound to where I lived on Kitsap. Sometimes I dont even remember driving onto the boat. I'd be out like a light. Invariably someone would have to honk their horn to wake me.
Went to the doctor once and he asked how much coffee I drank. I told him maybe 1/2 gallon a day. He said he'd never heard anyone express how much coffee they drank in percentages of a gallon. "What? I cut back ! "

50 YO and still healthy as a horse.

I'll bring you a 50 lb. bag of oats and run you at Portland Meadows... Pimlico?

Over in the sand box on 24 hour alert, we would drink monsters or rock stars 2 or 3 a night! They actually shipped it to us by the pallet! 28 of us would burn a pallet in less then a week! It does give you an energy boost, but i think the real gains are the mental sharpness they seem to give. Now days, its coffee, good coffee thay i drink, about 32 oz a day! Dueing summer months, i drink a lot of iced coffee, so the amount goes up! Ao far, no issues! One thing i have found though, i can drink any of those energy drinks or a few cups of strong coffee, and go right to sleep after, but i will toss and turn all night if i do!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top