JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Backers of gun control measure to deliver signatures

The Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility is planning to deliver its first batch of Initiative 594 petitions to the Secretary of State’s office in Olympia this Wednesday at 9 a.m., while backers of the alternative measure, Initiative 591, will have a big push to gather signatures at this weekend’s Washington Arms Collectors gun show in Puyallup.

<broken link removed>

If you aren't gathering signatures for I-591...the COMMON SENSE gun rights measure...get with it.

I saw a supposed I-591 sig gatherer at the Wal*Mart in Hazeldell today. Tried to talk to him about the I-594 gatherers that were also collecting I-591 sigs. He got really defensive and said there was no law against gathering for two initiatives (which I never even said a thing about). Also, the heading of the forms people were signing were turned under so they couldn't be seen.
After I left I got to wondering if they were really 591 forms or 594 and he was lying.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Signature gathering isn't the issue. WA has a pretty low threshold to get to get initiatives filed.

The real battle will be for the voters.

I want to know where to send money. Because Ads on the Seattle TV stations will do us a thousand times more good than me lobbying people who are already generally in agreement over our issues. (I live in Yakima County, we don't have a lot of Antis here.)

This is all going to hinge on what we do in the liberal areas. Personally I'm thinking of taking busloads of people to go house-to-house in Everett etc. to talk to people.

I have at least five of us off the top of my head who would do it and do it well, another 30 or so who might be interested. But the initiative has to be on the ballot first.

I saw a supposed I-591 sig gatherer at the Wal*Mart in Hazeldell today. Tried to talk to him about the I-594 gatherers that were also collecting I-591 sigs. He got really defensive and said there was no law against gathering for two initiatives (which I never even said a thing about). Also, the heading of the forms people were signing were turned under so they couldn't be seen.
After I left I got to wondering if they were really 591 forms or 594 and he was lying.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Don't put anything past them. If you can imagine it and it is underhanded and deceptive, they will do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top