Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I-594 anti-gunners to deliver petitions

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Backers of gun control measure to deliver signatures

The Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility is planning to deliver its first batch of Initiative 594 petitions to the Secretary of State’s office in Olympia this Wednesday at 9 a.m., while backers of the alternative measure, Initiative 591, will have a big push to gather signatures at this weekend’s Washington Arms Collectors gun show in Puyallup.

Backers of gun control measure to deliver signatures - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

If you aren't gathering signatures for I-591...the COMMON SENSE gun rights measure...get with it.

2. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Why do I have a feeling that lost tax revenue plays a part in the appeal for universal background checks?

3. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that WAGR is also the acronym for Washingtonians Against Gun Rights?

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I saw a supposed I-591 sig gatherer at the Wal*Mart in Hazeldell today. Tried to talk to him about the I-594 gatherers that were also collecting I-591 sigs. He got really defensive and said there was no law against gathering for two initiatives (which I never even said a thing about). Also, the heading of the forms people were signing were turned under so they couldn't be seen.
    After I left I got to wondering if they were really 591 forms or 594 and he was lying.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Signature gathering isn't the issue. WA has a pretty low threshold to get to get initiatives filed.

The real battle will be for the voters.

I want to know where to send money. Because Ads on the Seattle TV stations will do us a thousand times more good than me lobbying people who are already generally in agreement over our issues. (I live in Yakima County, we don't have a lot of Antis here.)

This is all going to hinge on what we do in the liberal areas. Personally I'm thinking of taking busloads of people to go house-to-house in Everett etc. to talk to people.

I have at least five of us off the top of my head who would do it and do it well, another 30 or so who might be interested. But the initiative has to be on the ballot first.

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Don't put anything past them. If you can imagine it and it is underhanded and deceptive, they will do it.