JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know a lot of us 'try' to get the word out but it's really difficult when you have your local MSM working against you even if it's in a small way.
I sent the following because the paper printed another long winded (757 words) anti-gun story awhile back (Dec 21)... That's par for them while letters to the editor get 200 words & edited as they see fit.
Anyway, here's what I sent vs what was printed..maybe not a bigge but it still irritates me.

Dan
Sent:
Your Inslee/Ferguson anti-gun article
Look at the statistics vs. Inslee & Ferguson spouting off over these so called "assault weapons". Less I forget, "ANYTHING" used to attack any individual(s) to do bodily harm is an assault weapon. Baseball bat, hammer, rock, etc, knife... The latest FBI data available to the public is from 2019, https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/table-20

In Wa. for 2019, there were 135 murders with firearms of which 5 were rifles of unknown types. Rounding that out means .037% of the murders were by rifles. The factual data illustrates the utter fallacy of Inslee & Fergusons "opinion" vs. facts. There's zero data to show a particular type/style of weapon was used.

Inslee & Ferguson have continually harangued the 2nd amendment and lawful gun owners for years on end. If either of them were truly interested in the public they claim to serve, they would be looking at ways to keep criminals in jail instead of letting them merry-go-round thru the justice system. Neither of these individuals have any interest in protecting you; their interest is to perpetrate a lie! Take note when shootings occur, the MSM rarely if ever states, "a lawful gun owner", it's most always a criminal. Gee I wonder why that is?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what was printed...Take note the paper changed the title & removed the link for readers to view the data. Goodness knows we should be allowed to educate the public!

LOOK AT STATISTICS ON ASSAULT RIFLES
Look at the statistics — Gov. Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson spouting off over these so-called "assault weapons." Lest I forget, "anything" used to attack any individual to do bodily harm is an assault weapon — baseball bat, hammer, rock, knife, etc.

In Washington for 2019, there were 135 murders with firearms, of which 5 were rifles of unknown types. Rounding that out means .037% of the murders were by rifles. The factual data illustrates the utter fallacy of Inslee's and Ferguson's "opinion" vs. facts. There's zero data to show a particular type/style of weapon was used.

Inslee and Ferguson have continually harangued the Second Amendment and lawful gun owners for years. If either of them were truly interested in the public they claim to serve, they would be looking at ways to keep criminals in jail instead of letting them merry-go-round through the justice system.Take note when shootings occur. The media rarely, if ever, states, "a lawful gun owner." It's most always a criminal.
Gee, I wonder why that is?

Some statistics for you:
Murder
by State, Types of Weapons, 2019
StateTotal
murders1​
Total
firearms
HandgunsRiflesShotgunsFirearms
(type
unknown)
Knives or
cutting
instruments
Other
weapons
Hands, fists,
feet, etc.2​
California1,6791,142
762​
34​
26​
252​
183 102
Idaho3516
9​
0​
0​
7​
3​
13 3
Montana2716
11​
1​
1​
3​
4​
3​
Oregon9861
31​
1​
4​
19​
14 4
Washington194135
89​
5​
3​
23​
24 12
1​ Total number of murders for which supplemental homicide data were received.
2 ​Pushed is included in hands, fists, feet, etc.
3 ​Limited data for 2019 were available for Alabama.
4​ Data submitted through the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
5​ Limited supplemental homicide data were received.

I know a lot of us 'try' to get the word out but it's really difficult when you have your local MSM working against you even if it's in a small way.
I sent the following because the paper printed another long winded (757 words) anti-gun story awhile back (Dec 21)... That's par for them while letters to the editor get 200 words & edited as they see fit.
Anyway, here's what I sent vs what was printed..maybe not a bigge but it still irritates me.

Dan
Sent:
Your Inslee/Ferguson anti-gun article
Look at the statistics vs. Inslee & Ferguson spouting off over these so called "assault weapons". Less I forget, "ANYTHING" used to attack any individual(s) to do bodily harm is an assault weapon. Baseball bat, hammer, rock, etc, knife... The latest FBI data available to the public is from 2019, https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/table-20

In Wa. for 2019, there were 135 murders with firearms of which 5 were rifles of unknown types. Rounding that out means .037% of the murders were by rifles. The factual data illustrates the utter fallacy of Inslee & Fergusons "opinion" vs. facts. There's zero data to show a particular type/style of weapon was used.

Inslee & Ferguson have continually harangued the 2nd amendment and lawful gun owners for years on end. If either of them were truly interested in the public they claim to serve, they would be looking at ways to keep criminals in jail instead of letting them merry-go-round thru the justice system. Neither of these individuals have any interest in protecting you; their interest is to perpetrate a lie! Take note when shootings occur, the MSM rarely if ever states, "a lawful gun owner", it's most always a criminal. Gee I wonder why that is?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what was printed...Take note the paper changed the title & removed the link for readers to view the data. Goodness knows we should be allowed to educate the public!

LOOK AT STATISTICS ON ASSAULT RIFLES
Look at the statistics — Gov. Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson spouting off over these so-called "assault weapons." Lest I forget, "anything" used to attack any individual to do bodily harm is an assault weapon — baseball bat, hammer, rock, knife, etc.

In Washington for 2019, there were 135 murders with firearms, of which 5 were rifles of unknown types. Rounding that out means .037% of the murders were by rifles. The factual data illustrates the utter fallacy of Inslee's and Ferguson's "opinion" vs. facts. There's zero data to show a particular type/style of weapon was used.

Inslee and Ferguson have continually harangued the Second Amendment and lawful gun owners for years. If either of them were truly interested in the public they claim to serve, they would be looking at ways to keep criminals in jail instead of letting them merry-go-round through the justice system.Take note when shootings occur. The media rarely, if ever, states, "a lawful gun owner." It's most always a criminal.

The correct percentage of firearms murders with rifles is 5/135 or 3.7%.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top