JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

The 2023 Legislative session is now under way and we need your support now more than ever. The ruling party has introduced a pile of anti-gun, unconstitutional bills aimed at restricting your civil rights.

In spite of decades of court precedent and significant victories in 2022, the ruling party simply doesn't care about the Constitution, or the citizenry of Washington.

On Tuesday, January 17th​, the first House and Senate hearings on these bills are convening. We ask that you contact your state legislators on each bill, and reject these infringements upon your civil rights. We have included simple links and direction below to comment on each bill

We have shared this video, explaining the first round of infringements. Please like and share this message across all of your social media accounts, email it to friends and family that care about our ability to protect and defend our families. Be sure to send this to your local gun shops, ranges, manufacturers too, they need to be broadcasting this message to all of their clients.

We are keeping a live table of bills and other firearms rights information at https://wacivilrights.org/bills/

The following bills are active next Tuesday, January 17th. We need you to act now.

We have made this as easy as possible, by clicking these links. Record your position, leave written testimony or sign up for live testimony.

1. Click on "record" and submit position of "CON".
  2. If you wish to leave your own written testimony, select "leave written testimony" and select the position of "CON"– please be respectful with your comments.
  3. Contact your legislators directly on each bill, select "Contact you legislator"
House Bill 1240 / Senate Bill 5265 – Ban Semi Automatic Rifles and other semi automatic firearms

Record position

Leave written testimony

Contact your Legislator

House Bill 1178 – Repeal state preemption – allowing cities and counties to create a patchwork of local firearms regulations.

Record position

Leave written testimony

Contact your Legislator

House Bill 1143 – Senate Bill 5232 – Mandatory permit to purchase, waiting periods, fees

Record position

Leave written testimony

Contact your Legislator

Senate Bill 5078 – House Bill 1130 (Hearing in Senate at this date) – Establishes civil liability for manufacturers, distributors and dealers for the criminal use of a firearm.

Record position

Leave written testimony

Contact your Legislator

This message and the content has been provided by the Washington Civil Rights Association, a 100% volunteer based organization concerned about your Second Amendment rights.

Follow us on Facebook https://bit.ly/EAOD-FB

Follow us on Discord https://bit.ly/EAOD-Discord

Thx for posting the info/links. I use them for all the bs bills that are garbage. I just WISH every member here would take the time to write & express their views to their legislators.
Even if you're not in their district..write anyway but try to be rationale with facts instead of feelings.

Dan

Thx for posting the info/links. I use them for all the bs bills that are garbage. I just WISH every member here would take the time to write & express their views to their legislators.
Even if you're not in their district..write anyway but try to be rationale with facts instead of feelings.

Dan
Exactly...the lack of traction on this within the gun community is appalling. Absolutely pathetic.

Pretty simple for WA. No action = lose your gun rights. if they are lost the best you can do is donate to legal groups fighting these unconstitutional laws. But it's better to kill them now, as has been done over numerous years in WA in the past.

A video from WA gun law guy fyi.

Sounds about how I remember. Hope there is enough pushback to keep all the bills stuck in committee.
15000 came in last year on mag ban and they still pushed it through at 11 pm, last day of session by suspending the rules. Dems don't care, they just want their fundraising $$$$

Sounds about how I remember. Hope there is enough pushback to keep all the bills stuck in committee.
Even if it doesnt stop anything, we should be doing it out of respect for those doing the heavy lifting, filing lawsuits and leading the fight. If they ask , we should do. It takes nothing and yet everyone has a bs excuse. It's demoralizing seeing so many give up. A big pushback is good for keeping people in the fight. Sometimes it feels like maybe wa is getting what it deserves.

Even if it doesnt stop anything, we should be doing it out of respect for those doing the heavy lifting, filing lawsuits and leading the fight. If they ask , we should do. It takes nothing and yet everyone has a bs excuse. It's demoralizing seeing so many give up. A big pushback is good for keeping people in the fight. Sometimes it feels like maybe wa is getting what it deserves.
I still have most of my family there, so I keep my eye out so I can pass info off to them. Unfortunately, I have a pretty small family.

Geeze….if I wasn't on a list before… I am now.
The list of voices speaking out for common sense. A right a duty.

Where does the desire to CREATE criminals come from. I'm not a criminal and I don't want to be!!!! Reminds me of Steven Avery….. if he's innocent…

Posted my voice this morning…. Thank you for the resource/posting

You can complete 2 of these by posting a testimonial (position included on that link)
I'd love to hear from Dori Monson on this…RIP….that dude gave us a voice!!!! But you can have a voice too.

Where are THESE politicians (passive to crime…..radical against law abiding citizens)….. come from?? Ironic right? What farm is growing this nonsense?? The "T BAR" ranch 'O 'democracy? We are a constitutional republic….. I don't want a monarchy.

BTW they have more introduced:
SB 5193 is another AWB
HB 1180 another AWB
Yup, a classic Flood The Zone strategy, make us exhaust all our resources on early ones that aren't MEANT to get through (but they'll take the W if one does) so we don't have time, money, energy or credibility left for the ones later they DO intend to ram through for gradual tightening of the screws.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top