JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If people flip out on each other by having nothing else to do but stay home due to covid restrictions, is it recorded as a covid related death? That would explain the numbers......

My wife told me about a story that broke: a 2 year old walking with her dad was shot with an air rifle. Hit her in the leg, no real damage...but still...

There are idiots and really crappy people who would otherwise be out doing god knows what. But now in lockdown, they're mind is wondering and they lack even a modicum of empathy.

It blows my mind that people are so messed up that they can't survive a month or two of semi-isolation (you can still go out, still talk to people. It's not full on house arrest) without going nuts.

If people flip out on each other by having nothing else to do but stay home due to covid restrictions, is it recorded as a covid related death? That would explain the numbers......
You I am sure know as well as most in your line of work. This is leading to a large jump in people fighting with each other. Stress of lost jobs, being cooped up with nothing to do, stress from trying to get this "free money" they were told would flow. All this is leading to a LOT of problems for already worked thin LEO's.

It blows my mind that people are so messed up that they can't survive a month or two of semi-isolation (you can still go out, still talk to people. It's not full on house arrest) without going nuts.
The morons are morons no matter what of course and need no help. A LOT of people live paycheck to paycheck. Most of them "should have" done better prep but, this is the now. Every day more of them lose their job. This "free money" they were told was flowing is kind of like Obama and his "shovel ready jobs", not quite what they were told. Stress kills, and many are facing huge amounts of stress. Many use alcohol and or drugs to try to smooth this over. That of course is often like trying to slow a fire down with gas.

My wife and I are going to celebrate 29 years if'n the Wuhan don't git us by August.

And we are fairly articulate, reasonably agreeable, and more than committed to finishing this ride together.

And we are starting to show cracks.

And all I can think about is if we can't do it with 30 years of focused practice and the amount of stability WE have going for us, how in the hell does an unskilled 20 yr old handle this? We have no babies and manageable finances and I was deemed essential. AND I hoarded TP in February because it was on sale.

My point being, my household was in great shape heading into the Wuhan and we are feeling stressed.

I have no practical hope for those members of society that are living in a one bedroom apartment with babies and no jobs.

We're gonna get zombies - just not as quick as we thought and they are gonna look a little more human than AMC makes them out to be.

You I am sure know as well as most in your line of work. This is leading to a large jump in people fighting with each other. Stress of lost jobs, being cooped up with nothing to do, stress from trying to get this "free money" they were told would flow. All this is leading to a LOT of problems for already worked thin LEO's.

The stimulus should buy quite a bit of heroin and/or meth.

I know it's not funny but that did make me laugh. Sadly yes a good portion of that cash that started showing up today will end up with some dope dealers. I always see a "rush" in work at the beginning and the end of each month. first week or so we see a lot of dopers who "over indulged" when they got their free money. Last week of the month we see a LOT of them who are broke and jonesing for a high try to get Doctors to give them something to hold them over, and the victims of the crimes the desperate commit. Along with the really sad results of the "girlfriends" of those addicted. Some of them are scary as hell to see what they have done to themselves.
On the "upside" a whole lot of people will be at the store today buying "stuff" and Amazon and such are going to see a huge rush in people buying stuff.

Last Edited:
My wife and I are going to celebrate 29 years if'n the Wuhan don't git us by August.

And we are fairly articulate, reasonably agreeable, and more than committed to finishing this ride together.

And we are starting to show cracks.

And all I can think about is if we can't do it with 30 years of focused practice and the amount of stability WE have going for us, how in the hell does an unskilled 20 yr old handle this? We have no babies and manageable finances and I was deemed essential. AND I hoarded TP in February because it was on sale.

My point being, my household was in great shape heading into the Wuhan and we are feeling stressed.

I have no practical hope for those members of society that are living in a one bedroom apartment with babies and no jobs.

We're gonna get zombies - just not as quick as we thought and they are gonna look a little more human than AMC makes them out to be.
I'm no expert, but a nice walk even if both say nothing can help. I learned that from Kip and LaFawnda's wedding scene...

Don't forget the Narcan. Agencies in Oregon give it to released prisoners who are released from the county lock up, the health department gives it away to the horse dealers, who give it to the fiends who buy their sh*t. That is why hte dopers always run in twos and threes, so if one of them pushes and goes to far, his homies can steal the rest of his stash and rigs and then blast him up the nose with the Narcan.

Don't forget the Narcan. Agencies in Oregon give it to released prisoners who are released from the county lock up, the health department gives it away to the horse dealers, who give it to the fiends who buy their sh*t. That is why hte dopers always run in twos and threes, so if one of them pushes and goes to far, his homies can steal the rest of his stash and rigs and then blast him up the nose with the Narcan.

Can you back that up with proof? Please post refferences.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top